la story: Lupical Cuddle Morning

Gorou was the first to rise, the chirping of birds in his lover's forest both a blessing and a curse in that sense. Tighnari was long adjusted to the chirping and ignored it with ease. In fact, when the Traveller had first brought him along on a visit to Inazuma, Tighnari was frequently one of the first up, finding the lack of animal sounds so early in the morning rather off-putting. And unlike Gorou, who trained during the Vision Hunt Decree to go to bed at a specific time and sleep lightly, Cyno slept like the dead after staying up to the wee hours of morning working.

The way it was a blessing, however, was the fact that he could enjoy a lazy morning slowly getting necessary things done. While the Vision Hunt Decree had long since ended, Gorou hadn't had a peaceful morning in a long while. Morning spent awake even when his small family was asleep was a nice change.

The former Resistance General stood up from the bed, stretching his arms high above his head with a yawn. An arm looped around his waist and he looked down in time to watch Tighnari nuzzled his face into his stomach, mumbling something unintelligible into his shirt.

Cyno only moved closer to Tighnari in his sleep, not partially awake as Tighnari was.

"Gorou," Tighnari mumbled out. "Come back to bed."

"I was going to make breakfast."

"No breakfast, come back."

Gorou couldn't help but chuckle at the half asleep pout on Tighnari's face.

"But I have stuff to do," Gorou attempted, petting Tighnari's soft ears. The ears flicked back against Tighnari's head, the sleep that clouded his eyes previously clearing as his head snapped up to bite at Gorou's hand, a gentle nip that Gorou had long gotten used to over the course of this relationship. Tighnari did it with both him and Cyno whenever he wanted attention but neither gave it.

"Bed," Tighnari grumbled, more like a petulant child than the feared Forest Guardian he was.

There was a sound from the door and Gorou turned to look but not without noting that Tighnari was glaring daggers at his stomach like it personally offended him, though based on the last couple of seconds, Tighnari probably believed it had.

In the doorway was the young teen that they had inadvertently taken in after he had joined the traveller on an adventure with them.

"Good morning, Razor," Gorou smiled.

"What is going on?" Razor asked, cocking his head in that adorable way he did that made everyone dote on him.

"Gorou won't come back to bed," Tighnari whined.

"I have things to do, like make breakfast."

Finally, it seemed like Cyno was starting to be roused from sleep. Red eyes stared at Gorou from the bed, taking in the sight of Tighnari wrapped around the general's middle and the slight red spot on Gorou's hand.

Without a word he reached over and yanked on Gorou's hand. Gorou groaned.

"Not you too."

"Lupical cuddle morning," Tighnari declared with a victorious grin, motioning for the child in the doorway to join. Razor perked up, if he had a tail Gorou knew it would be wagging, and crept into the room. Finally, Gorou relented, climbing back into bed and making room for Razor.

"Fine, 20 minutes..."

Tighnari, Cyno, and Razor made it two hours before Gorou could resume his morning routine but he didn't mind. "Lupical cuddle morning" was definitely going to be added to Gorou's list of favorite ways to spend a morning.