5. The light

Okay so i'm sorry, my finals are next week so I don't have really time to write, but after it, I will a lot more... :)

Karlie walked away from the station, still shaking from the meeting, the realization that she just talked to Taylor Swift and gave her her phone number. She was confused, lost, she kept walking in a direction but she didn't know what to do, she was panicked, nervous about what happened. She offended the older woman she knew it, she tried to be confident but she ended being over herself and outrageous, talking to her like that, it wasn't cool. Karlie stopped at a bench and sat on it, she started to cry, sniffing and crying even more when she thought about the incident and about how she destroyed whatever existed with her stupidity, how could she have been so fierce and said that like showing to the celebrity in front of her that she knew who she was. She scared her and now she was sure she wouldn't see her again or hear her voice close like that again. 

Karlie walked back to her room in the campus of her college and when she opened the door of it she crashed on her bed. She felt tired, sad but mostly angry at herself for doing what she did. She felt stupid and cried again, Cara came back in the room and when she saw her friend like that, she hurried herself next to Karlie, opened her arms and the crying body hugged her thigh, like a lane you didn't want to let go because if you did you went deep in the water. Karlie screamed her anger in Cara's arm and she felt exhausted after 10 minutes perhaps, she pulled her head away and whispered "I did an horrible thing". Cara opened her eyes, analyzing every moves the girl in front of her was doing, trying to calm her, hoping that she would continue to explain her story and Karlie started :

- please don't interrupt me before I will finish. 

Cara nodded and hummed a positive response. Then Karlie added

- so I was playing two days ago and when I finished my song, in my hat there was a one hundred dollars bill and I couldn't believe it and there was a little note on it saying "crazy talented -T". I was really happy and excited like you know it's the half the prize of the microphone I want and everything but I wanted to know who it was and then yesterday I went there to sing and a woman approached me and I saw her eyes, her blue perfect eyes, and she left an other 100 dollars bill in my hat with again a little note saying "still talented -T" and the only thing I wanted to do was running to her and thank her like for her generosity and to know her more. So I came with a plan like this morning I went back early I played and then I stopped and waited for her if she would come back and she did, she sat on a seat and looked disappoint to not see me singing at my usual spot, I recognize her because it's the only person wearing an hoodie and sunglasses in a station so I sat next to her and said "hey T" then she answered "hi Karlie" and you will never guess who that was, well I have to say that when I saw her blue eyes I recognize them but I never guess who she is but when I heard her voice, it slapped me like a truck, it was Taylor Swift, Cara it was Taylor fucking Swift next to me"

- wait what? What the hell? And then?

- well I didn't look at her to not scare her and then she said it was a bad idea to come here but that I am talented and then before I left, I looked at her and whispered in her eyes "don't be scared of me Taylor" and an other thing but I can't even remember like I don't know why I did that, and now I know that I will never saw her again or whatever and that I destroyed every chances to talk to her or whatever and I'm so sad. 

- but that's amazing, she said you are talented and you talked with her 

- oh and I left a one dollar bill with my phone number on it because at first I didn't know it was her and I just wanted to know her, to talk to her around a coffee but now I know it wouldn't be possible like she doesn't care about a girl like me like who am I in the life of a superstar like her. 

- don't be pessimist like this maybe she will. 

- don't tell anybody about that I don't want to have problem or cause her problems

- okay okay but fuck that is incredible seriously if you met her again or become a superstar you don't forget about me uh! It's me who force you to audition for that job in the station !

- yeah yeah 

Cara was jumping in the room, feeling excited like it was her who met Taylor in the station, she was dancing like an idiot and hurt her foot again and started to scream like a chicken which was killed by strangulation. Karlie laughed so hard at the sight of her best friend that she fell from her bed and now was crying from laughs, her stomach hurting from it. Cara was jumping in one foot, caressing the other where she was hurter, she went to their small bathroom and put some water on it, she exclaimed « Fuck, now my two feet are fucked, that's hurt so bad ». Karlie was smiling and answered, between laughs of mockery « That's the karma punishing you for last night and for jumping like an idiot ». Cara let her tongue out and pouted like a hurt cat, then in a swift way, jumped on Karlie and tickled her. They fought for the rest of the afternoon and shared a lot of laughs.

//

Taylor was in her room, wiping away the tears and the wetness off of her face, having now an headache and the number of Karlie. She didn't know what to do, calling her was the first thing that came to her mind but she pushed it away, she couldn't. She put her head in her pillow like to try some solution at her problems but nothing was solved and one hour has passed. She thrown her phone away and went in her bathroom, she whispered "the day started so well and as everyday in my fucking life it ends really bad", she ran the water for a bath, put some lotion in it to create some bubbles. When the water looks perfect, she held her toe above it, tested the warm water and sank into it. Her body fully emerged, then she put her head under it, drowning away from her problems, she lost herself in her thoughts, the melody of the girl's voice echoing through her mind. She went back at the surface and took a deep breath like her life depended on it, she smiled and whispered "nothing is better than a bath for taking resolution." 

She hummed some songs, finding her positive attitude back, when the water became a slightly cold, she stood and dried herself. She looked at the mirror and saw her reflection, she saw an image of herself, not what she had wanted to become, she looked unhappy even thought she had everything to be. She had the marks of someone tired, exhausted even though she was on a break and did nothing of her day, she was skinny, and unhealthy like her legs wasn't strong, she had some struggle sometimes to do her entire show, it was two hours long, and she felt tired after one hour some days. She didn't have any endurance and her breath shown that, she wasn't in her best form and she knew it, she saw it but she was determined to change that, to move on from her last breakup, to go to the gym, to do more work outs, to eat healthier and more. She was now motivated, she felt like she had a lot of energy to use, she felt full of hopes, but all of her happiness stood on one girl, if Taylor got rejected, everything would crumbled and crashed, and that one person was Karlie.

She crashed on her bed, still naked, caught her phone and searched for the bill where the number was noted, she pushed the button and the little phone to start the call. She was nervous and stressed, she didn't even know what to say, if Karlie would even answer the unknown number. While Taylor was stressing like her life was depending on this call, Karlie and Cara were now laying on their bed, dreaming about their future, exchanging some thoughts, then the green eyes girl felt her phone vibrated, she took it and saw an unknown number. Karlie exclaimed « Cara, it's an unknown number, omg what do I say if it's her », the british girl almost jumped off of her bed and answered « fuck i don't know, answer !! ». Karlie unlocked her phone and answered at the same time, she heard a little voice saying « Karlie? », she recognize it and with some struggles answered « yes ».