"Sounds amazing," I commented.

"When?" Simon asked.

"I'm flying in an hour," I answered.

"ETA," Simon said.

"Likely midnight. Don't bother-"

"I'll be there," Simon insisted.

"Alright," I said.

There was no use asking how he would be there because I was sure enough that he would find his way anyway. One way or another.

I heard a delighted hum from Simon's end of the line.

"See you soon, beautiful," Simon said.

"See you soon, handsome," I replied.

Of course, neither of us hung up. Again. We were stuck in silence for some time. It was oddly comforting.

"They'll ask for you to take your mask off," I informed.

"They can eat my fist," Simon said.

"Oh, my God, you're getting reckless," I faked a gasped.

"No one will know," Simon insisted.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me, just go pack your shit," Simon sighed.

"My shit's packed," I said.

"Did you take your drugs?" Simon asked.

"I did," I answered.

"Good. Don't leave it behind," Simon said.

"I won't," I promised.

"Alright. Get going, then," Simon decided.

"I'm already at the base," I said. "I'm waiting for the plane. Well, exactly, I'm waiting for the dozen of transfers who will be going with me."

"A bunch of rookies?" Simon asked.

"Some, yeah," I nodded.

"More of your little fans, then," Simon said.

"Fans?" I chuckled.

"Admirers," Simon clarified.

"I don't have those," I insisted.

"A well known sergeant with a historical name and a beautiful face. You do," Simon said. "Trust me, I know more than you."

"That sounds concerning," I sighed.

"You should be," Simon said. "Some of those people are not good."

"How do you even know?" I asked.

Simon said nothing. I said nothing as well.

The call ended not long after a little bit of continuation of that because Chris literally came over and briefed me on something. Some additional job for when I finished with the cyber security coaching.

The flight was alright. Mostly, I fell asleep until I could not really because I was thinking about how nervous I was that I would actually be meeting him again. I just realised that almost every night I thought about the kiss we shared.

It would be nice to have another one, really.

As soon as I landed, I was addressed immediately by one of the commanding officers who delivered me to a private quarter and let me rest for the night. However, I immediately turned my phone on and received a text from Simon. It was delivered three minutes ago saying; I'm by the entrance, not going any further.