"shut the fuck up elanor. stop making shit up." i rolled my eyes and finished up my cookie.

"i'm not making it up i swear-"

"elanor ? who are you talking to and what are you doing down there ?" ryan called out from the living room which made me gestured for her to get away from me.

"i'm just helping y/n to clean up the cookie crumbs." she lied with a scarily convincing smile.

she then turned back to me with a serious look. "get the fuck up or else i'll drag you there." she gritted through her teeth with a stern look.

i stayed in place not bothering to move a single inch but that was until elanor made a move by grabbing my arm, trying to get me up. "alright alright." i finally gave in and stood up with her.

i let out a huge sigh which made her patted my back. "i'll make sure you guys get together." she smiled.

i rolled my eyes. "please don't. i'd rather just watch her from a far while having feelings for her than get rejected from her."

"you're not gonna get rejected dumbass. you're pretty much her ideal type. tall, cute, nice, gentle, soft spoken and many more. what's there to not like about you ?"

"that's really her ideal type ? but her ex was not any of those...well except for the tall part." elanor chuckled in response.

"she just doesn't know how to pick her women, that means you're gonna swoop in and show her that you're better than her ex."

"don't you think it's too...quick ? she just broke up with her ex a week ago so she must've been heartbroken and i don't wanna take advantage of that."

"yeah you're right...oh ! how bout you swoop in by comforting her." she smirked knowingly as she slowly nodded her head.

"what the hell does that even mean." i looked at her weirdly.

"just make conversation with her, joke around like you always do, make her smile...i don't know. just do anything to make her forget about her stupid ex." she shrugged.

"i guess i'll try...." i trailed off as we made our way towards the living room where everyone else were.

"took you guys ages. what were you guys even doing back there for that long ?"

"i was just helping her clean up the kitchen because of the amount of mess she made." she lied to which i nodded in agreement.

"right...anyways, we're almost done with the decorations, the food should be here in fifteen minutes and the drinks ?"

it took me a few seconds to realise that ryan was referring the drinks to me. "oh uh...it's done." i smiled nervously.

in the corner of my eye, i could tell that jenna was burning holes through the side of my head making me want to run away and never come back.

"cool. oh and by the way, jenna's gonna stay here with us until tomorrow. you're okay with that right ?" ryan checked with me to which i shrugged and nodded my head cooly to let them know i didn't care.

"great, so now we can just chill and wait for the people to start arriving." elanor finally spoke and plopped herself on the couch beside ryan.