Chapter 06 | Shameless

Start from the beginning

He felt that all he received wasn't the whole truth, but something compelled him to believe this purposeful report that he received. As he couldn't say no, the timing and effort of that person were unfounded. He wouldn't mix personal life with business, but if a person’s personal life could affect his company, then she needed to go.

Elisa entered and felt a heated stare on her. She smiled triumphantly as she felt everything was coming towards her happy ending. But she wasn't sure if Christopher liked her, then she needed to find out if there was anyone around him that would likely destroy everything that she had built. She clutched her hand and made a fist as a flash of obsession came through her eyes. She would do anything for her future.

Whether it concerned an innocent life, no one would ruin her happy life and turn her back into a servant for the law. She would be a wealthy man’s wife with a clear reputation and stand shoulder to shoulder with him. She couldn't stand something that would ruin her carefully planned out plan. She slipped inside the chair horizontal to Christopher's own.

She placed her hands on her lap and faced him with a sincere eye as her bottom lip jutted for a moment before she lifted the edge of her lips into a shy but straight-forward smile. She wouldn't want to be one of those women who instantly fell in love with Christopher, that would not convince him that she is different but would make a connection between them with her and she didn't want to be associated with those sluts.

They tried to take away her husband. Christopher reluctantly faced Elisa and asked her why she was here, for per the discussion they had she was supposed to be supervising another section of the company, the Product and Production phase of the company was very important and he only gave her one job. Maybe she was here to report something with meaning but he could feel it deep in his core this was another one of her pointless ‘reports’ that would end in both of them having a scavenger hunt with a ‘missing’ transaction/financial report/ money. She would make a slot full of excuses that would make the whole company suffer, but he had to put up with her until he was financially able.

The company was more important in the first ten years of the start. Those ten years determined how well your company can stand up as the waves became stronger. If the company could grow both in finance and reputation, with both at a golden standard them he could think of trying out the abroad markets and hopefully they could cooperate with an eligible candidate so they could expand abroad.

That would be a kick start in their equity, but if his company partner was this temperamental and couldn't hold her own weight, then he wasn't even sure they could last one year. With the slow progress and response, they needed more investors, but people wouldn't blindly invest in a starting company. It's like having feelings for a calf just for it to eventually turn into beef stew for others to eat. The facts were there, and to them, it seemed so unreliable to put your trust when they haven't even made their first check.

And the people under him had bills to pay and needed to feed their homes, he also needed to prove to his father that he was ready of course but it seemed that he had made the wrong step on the first try.

“The production team is showing a wonderful side. The team leader said we might be able to release our first product in at least two days.” Elisa was not stupid and reckless. She knew that she needed to be professional and improve her first impression on Christopher or all her efforts would be for nort.

“What about Public Relation Sector? Are they ready with the model and a trained photographer that could do this under a strained budget? We absolutely must not go over the budget I have specifically planned or everything would go to waist. Tell them to prepared and trained model but to also he very specific about the way the model expressess the product or people could come knocking on our doors demanding a refund because the product didn't perform the things stated.”

Christopher stood up as he packed up his papers. After the meeting with the company Clover Hill, he was going to continue his work at home and hoped to finish everything before noon. He spoke softly and made sure he could do these things himself. Elisa might not even be able to cut this. He would call his people to do these things, and his trust in her was as thing as ice. He entered the elevator and she followed after him, entering before the doors could close.

“Yes, everything is ready. The Public Relation Sector had found us a great model, her name is Evelyn Vincent, a singer and actress so her expression and her voice could attract a few fans who would be willing to buy the same product as their idol. Her voice is trained thanks to her singing career so she can speak clearly and loudly.”

Elisa reported as she fixed up herself, trying to make a better impression on Christopher. She would win this, the elevator tinged loudly as they reached the bottom floor. Christopher was the first one to step out as he waited for Elisa to follow so he could give her more instructions.

“No, if the person is to popular and has a wide fan base the case  with the Sale’s Department is that people will not buy our products or even trust us as a brand because we are reliable but they will think we bought people off because their idol uses it. We need a fresh new face so people are buying because of our brand and are going to be convinced that we are a reliable brand. We can't just blindly and leave behind ports for enemies to kill us. Get the Sale's Department to work with the Market and Public Relation Sector so this can go smoothly.”

Christopher turned down the idea the way they would show the product had to be thought out in a way that there would be no way for enemies to find fault and he doubted that she could think that far. Her performance at first was at peak, and he could somewhat understand her stutter in work when she first came, but as time came to pass, she was supposed to be used to it already.

His disappointment was very clear and simple, Elisa had to grit her teeth in anger as she needed to rethink her plan carefully, or she would lose in the long run. She closed the door for him and entered the company once more. A woman had gotten in her way, and she stared begrudgingly at her as her true nature leaked out slightly, but she contained herself. Her image of perfection and innocence couldn't be broken at any cost. So she forced out a smile.

“My, if it isn't slutty Cinderella, is the prince not paying attention to you. Oh my, maybe he got tired of this whore you are and moved on to someone better after all the Boss has a wealth and powerful fiance something you'll never be.”

The women regards the Elisa as a slut she was best friends with Veronica and felt that she and Christopher were the perfect couple. Well that was after he had lost Patricia but she was also doing this for Christopher’s own good. He needed someone to comfort him a person good enough for him not a slut who is loose.

She pointed her finger at Elisa and mocked her, mostly because she personally doesn't like Elisa. The women felt that Elisa was too good to be true. A white lotus wasn't real at all and if she was, the clothes she wore wouldn't be this vulgur and would exude their personality to the fullest.

The blouse Elisa wore showed a bit of cleavage and was pulled down purposely as well as her skirt which had a rip in it showing off her thighs. She wasn't dressed like a white lotus and as all women in the officer or in the company felt her admiration and morbid feelings for the Boss, she could to.

“Don’t ever come near Christopher again or I might let something slip from my tongue. I wonder if he would like to know what kind of a slut you really are.”

Elisa clutched her hand and spoke in a whisper as she smiled,“ Don't hate me just because I am more prettier than you. Well at least I have a partner you on the other hand are a lonely and ugly person. I’m sure even your mother resented you the day you were born. I mean who would want to be with a sad and lonely person who doesn't know how to mind her own business.”