𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Courtship.." Lord Egginton trailed on.

"I'm afraid I do not follow...my Lord."

"As..in is that something you have interest in me doing." He restated.

"Are..you asking me if one wants?" I question out of curiosity.

Yes, one has been courted before but I myself have never been asked if it's something I want or have interest. So his question came to a shock.

"I—I am Lady Delilah..in my family a lady, a potential wife, wants for love..mutual love."

Love? I don't believe love was why I would want to marry now. Is my duty, my duty to my family..my mother.

As Lord Egginton spoke my eyes wandered and landed on a young Lady I'd never seen around Ton with Viscount Bridgerton charming at her side. My eyes reluctantly refocused on my companion.

"Quite, I'm quite interested— your grace."

The two took their seats. The viscount and his mysterious company sat beside them.

"Viscount Bridgerton." Lord Egginton greeted, standing, tipping his hat.

"Lord Egginton, Lady Delilah.":The viscount greeted in return, staring lustfully into Delilah's brown eyes. "Apologies, how rude of me, this is Lady Quinn Rufferton. "

"Pleased." Delilah greeted.

"Your gown is quite lovely." Lady Quinn soon spoke, taking a seat on the other side of Anthony as he sat beside Lady Rosewood.

"Why, thank you're as well."

"One heard you're quite one for horses.":The Lord Egginton acknowledges whispering into the young princesses ear.

"I am—I have my own, Sterling." She voiced with a rather bright smile. This smile caught the eye of Viscount Bridgerton. He shot a small glare, drifting his gaze onto Lady Quinn.

"Which one is your pick, My lord?" The young lady voiced.

"Nectar. Well-bred, highly trained, and well-favored." The viscount replies, clinging closer to the young girl.

"Nectar..really?" Delilah expressed shaking her head at his statement.

"Yes, I have a feeling about him."

"A feeling..please." She mumbled.

"Pardon me?"

"Only that you.. simply chose the horse everyone else has chosen. Quite a feeling." Delilah added.

"I made a strategic bet." The viscount persisted.

"Sorry to say, Lord Bridgerton but your strategic bet will not be winning this race today."

"Is that so? And which horse will be?" He defendently teased.

"High Flyer.." She trailed on.

"It seem, Miss Delilah has caught the eye of the viscount Lady Danbury

"It seem, Miss Delilah has caught the eye of the viscount Lady Danbury." Lady Violet expressed taking an seat beside Lady Danbury.

"It would seem. The queen needs to remain neutral, as do I but as your friend, I will tell you there may be an obstacle in your son's path..Lord Egginton the perfect bachelor." Lady Danbury acknowledges. "Yet he desires a love match..Miss Delilah is marrying out of a duty seems her and the viscount have that in common."

"I see." Violet voiced.

"Perhaps love may just land on the doorstep of the palace."

The horses took off, the lady's and gents rose to their feet cheering them on.

"Come on, HighFly steady!" Delilah shouted.

"Come on, no." The viscount shouted as High fly made it across the finish line retrieving the title of first place.

"Wow, I must say I've never bested a viscount before. " Delilah gloated.
"But, something about beating you just feels...sweeter."

Lord Egginton chuckled. "Take my arm, we can go see Sterling. " He gestured.

"I believe I would like that." Delilah stated taking his arm passing the viscount and his lady.

"She likes to win, dominate," The viscount trailed on fencing with his Colin.

"Sounds a lot like one I know." Benedict acknowledges.

"Less talking, more fencing brother."

"I think you quite..like or fancy Miss Delilah. " Colin states, as he loses his match, Benedict takes his place.

"I do agree brother, but what about Lord Egginton?" Benedict expressed flashing a cheeky smile. "And Lady Quinn..the Lady, you asked to accompany you to the races."

"Lady Quinn is suitable; she'd make a good wife."

"And yet you haven't spoken a word about her..only Miss Delilah Rosewood." Collin acknowledged.

Lord Egginton or Viscount Bridgerton??
penny for your thoughts!

Introducing: Lady Quinn Southbrook.