Chapter 22

The words hammered at Butters heart 'your dad stabbed me!' how could he be so casual about this? "WHAT?" Butters shouted at Kenny. Kenny only chuckled in response. "Ya he was mad that he couldn't keep me from you!" He said lightly tapping Butters on the nose. Butters pulled back further "Why Ken?"

Kenny sighed. "Come on Leo your dad never liked me. He hated me even more when he found out I was pansexual." Butters looked down "I never thought he would kill you." Kenny loved Butters innocence he placed his hands on his shoulders. "I did! Imagine if he found me in your bedroom! Kissing that spot you like on your neck!" Butters face turned a deep red in embarrassment. Kenny kissed him on the cheeks. They were salty with tears. He sighed guessing Butters had always wanted to believe no matter what his dad was a good guy.

His image of any food in his father was shattered and it was Kenny's fault. Really he was just testing a theory but it didn't make Kenny feel less guilty. "Leo I wanted to talk to you. I need to ask a favor."Kenny asked as Butters remained looking at his feet. "What is it?" Butters muttered unable to break his eyes away from the scuff on his shoe. "I need you to find death. He needs to meet with me." Butters head lifted to look into Kenny's serene blue eyes. "Why would you need to do that?" He asked disbelief filled his voice. "I'm going to fix everything. I'm going to get you back and I won't have to die anymore!"

Butters still couldn't believe what he was hearing but he nodded. After all he knew where to find death he just didn't know why you would want to. Butters concern for Kenny showed on his face. Kenny just leaned down cupping his cheeks kissing him. "Trust me Leo." As much as he didn't want to right now he did. Butters trusted Kenny more than anyone else he had ever known.

"I will do it. Just please be careful Ken" he said. Kenny wrapped his arms around Butters and kissed him all over his precious face. He was so happy he threw his head back and shouted "woohoo! My baby's coming home!" While Butters didn't understand the need for celebration he was happy to see Kenny's celebration.

Kenny felt the pull away from Butters. "I love you Leo don't forget!" Butters waved to him as he left. He sighed and started the long walk to find death. Having only spoken to him once Butters was admittedly nervous. He saw the dark figure looming become clearer with each step. Butters picked up his pace knowing if he didn't do it now he would chicken out. He cleared his throat "ahem" getting the attention of the fearsome creature.

"Excuse me?" Butters called to him. Death nearly bowed his head to the boy. "Kenny McCormick would like a needing with you." He stated eyes wide in terror. Death looked down on him nodding. Butters turned and ran as fast as he could. If he could dream in this space the figure would surely haunt him.