v. Cᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright?" Bilbo sat beside the blonde. Adella nodded a weak response. She wouldn't speak. In her mind, Thorin's mercy had meant she was forgiven and the vow remained unbroken. She would never open her mouth again, not unless Thorin commanded it.

"Thank you." Fili approached, holding his hand out for her to take. "You have saved my life twice now." She took it gratefully, then helped Bilbo up as well, before following Fili back to the others.

"Adella, my dear, come with me." Gandalf patiently waited for the small female to jog over to him, the two leading a small group of Dwarves into the foul smelling cave. "Be careful what you touch."

The further they ventured in, the worse the smell became. The Dwarves and Siren gagged and coughed. She was beginning to think she preferred her hair being ripped from her head.

     The company looked around, inspecting the many weapons and trinkets the trolls had hoarded.

     "Lass, come 'ere." Dwalin called from further back in the cave. "Looks like somethin' you'd enjoy." He held out a funny shaped weapon. Adella took it from him, unsheathing it. She was met by a double bladed weapon, it curving slightly in the middle. "Told ye ye'd like it." Dwalin smirked, taking note of her eyes lighting up as she inspected it.

     She looked up at Dwalin with a thankful smile and a nod of thanks. She put the weapon back in its sheath. The two turned, where Nori, Gloin, and Bofur were burying a chest. "We're makin' a long-term deposit." Gloin informed.

     Dwalin and Adella both smiled lightly at their friends. They would most likely forget it existed.

     "Let's get out of this foul place." Thorin retreated. Adella took note of the new sword he held. "Come on, let's go. Bofur, Gloin, Nori." They followed, with the small Siren not too far behind. They rejoiced the fresh air.

     "Now what?" Kili sighed. They were all tired.

     "We move on." Thorin instructed. The Dwarves were disheartened by the news, having not slept, but pressed on by collecting their weapons. They would rest later.

     Adella tied the new weapon to her quiver for easy access. She wasn't sure how to wield it yet, but was excited to learn. Perhaps Kili wouldn't mind helping her by collecting a few scars.

     Her head suddenly shot up, hearing something in the distance. It got louder as it got closer. She bent down to check the ground, determining just how many there were. By the vibrations, there had to be at least five. Thorin took notice of this, coming to her side. "What is it?"

     She stood, giving him a worried look. It was all he needed before warning the others. "Something's coming!"

     "Stay together!" Gandalf warned, jumping into action. "Hurry now! Arm yourselves!"

     Fili came to stand beside Adella, Kili doing the same at her other side. She rose her bow, ready to loose an arrow.

     "Thieves!" They all jumped at the proclamation. "Fire!" They huddled close together, unconsciously trying to shield Bilbo and Adella from harm. "Murder!"

     The strange looking man stopped right in front of the small Siren. He stared down at her, getting a perfect view of her shining eyes, giving her away.