LADY JEYNE, i. prettier than her

Beginne am Anfang

"Do not lie to her, she is an ugly toad." Her elder sister remarked wickedly as Denys guffawed loudly, Jeyne's face steaming red. She gasped dramatically as she turned to the perpetrator of the cruel words, interrupting the exchange before she could even thank Robb.

"Maegelle!" Lady Redwyne scolded embarrassedly, her hair held up with a flimsy laced hair net dotted with tiny emerald green gems.

Desmond breathed deeply, controlling his annoyance over the petty quarrels he had been listening to endlessly over their journey, gritting his teeth as he spooks maintaining a forced smile. "I told the two of you I do not want any funny behaviour once we got here. We are guests here and we shall act accordingly."

Maegelle huffed annoyedly and she would have left it at that if she had not seen the smug smile on Jeyne's lips at her receiving these reprimands.

Yanking one of the loose strands of her hair escaping the pretty roses, Jeyne yelped as Maegelle tugged the entire bun out of its' firm lock. "Ow, you're hurting me!" She cried as the onlookers watched the scene unfold in front of them in horror, Robb turning to his father with wide eyes when Jeyne pulled at her older sisters beautiful curls in retaliation— but mostly to get her off her.

"You're just so precious and dainty aren't you!" Maegelle snapped bitterly as the two graceful ladies continued to maim one another.

The fight seemed to amuse Theon Greyjoy who Jeyne could see sporting a smirk on his face. She was able to recognise the Ironborn from the badge of his house sigil pinned into his wormy clothes.

"Stop it, you blistering fools!" Their father yelled desperately as he and Denys pried the girls off each other, Ned offering him a weak but supportive smile as he gestured to his own squabbling daughters on the far corner of the front line of his family.

Maegelle and Jeyne were separated now, their mother and father stood in between them both as if serving as guards to keep them apart.

"Lady Catelyn, if you could be kind enough to show us to our chambers." Denyse requested kindly as she sighed at the mess her children had made of their introduction.

"It would be my pleasure."Lady Catelyn smiled at her, glancing at girls in apprehension as they glared at each other before she nodded for them to follow her.

The visitors trudged after Lady Stark and in the distance, Jeyne could have sworn she heard the voice of the Greyjoy boy perk up with a salacious remark.

"I had no idea that Redwyne girls from the arbour could be so fiesty."

╔════════════╗
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ LJ

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

THREE silken strands of hair were being interwoven into an intricate plait over and over again, so much so that the task had become ad nauseam. Soft milky flowers as white as the snow that had not fallen in Winterfell since the birth of summer and all its' children were threaded through the thick braids of Jeyne as the flame of the freshly lit candle flickered as the cold wind blew through her window. Her chamber had been decorated so prettily that if it were not for the cold, Jeyne would have thought she was back amongst her cousins in highgarden.