003 || the ranch

!!please read the A/N at the end!!

———
s3 ep1
———

"we're beginning our initial descent into jackson hole, wyoming. thank you for flying united" the pilot spoke

effy was sitting next to manny, headphones in ear, while she read her book.

"wow it's to pretty here" said haley when they stepped out of the plane a few minutes later

when they arrived at the ranch, effy stood next to her parent and luke while dylan and haley enjoyed the view.

"wow, look at the mountains" dylan exclaimed

"they're amazing" nodded haley

"i've never been this far from home before" he stepped forward "now i've never been this far" another step "now i never been this far"

"where's a cliff when you need one?"

"atleast he's nice" effy said shrugging

"look kids! a real life cowboy" jay called from across the street. the man stopped, still sitting on his horse, while everyone came running over. he took an axe from off his belt, which concerned the whole family. suddenly, he threw it and it stuck it stuck to a near piece of wood.

the family began clapping in awe

"my name is hank!" the cowboy said "here at the lost creek ranch, you're gonna ride and you're gonna rope! and you're gonna shoot" he paused for a second "you're gonna see a sky so full of stars, i'll but your city lights to shame, and when it's all done, you might just encounter a piece of yourselves you never knew was there. are there any questions?"

"ah" manny raised his hand "do we book spa treatments a through you or...?" he trailed off

"i like you, kid" the hank exclaimed lowly "i'm gonna call you 'hollywood'"

"that wasn't an answer"

"it obviously was, manny" effy mumbled from next to him, but the cowboy was able to pick up her words

"and you, you're called mastermind from now on" the cowboy tapped his hat, while effy rolled her eyes "and who's this cactus flower?" his eyes settled onto gloria

"what?" she asked loudly, still suffering from the pressure on her ears, not able to hear him clearly

"that's my wife, gloria" jay assisted pointing at her

"well, she's cactus flower now, old—timer"

"these nicknames.. are they set in stone?"

jays question was left unanswered, as hank proceeded to bring the men and gloria to their first activity: gun shooting.
the kids had decided to spent the afternoon at the pool, luke and effy only getting ready to join alex and manny.

"hey hollywood!" luke called while both him and effy occupied a seat on each side of manny. "i don't love that"

"yeah, luke" effy agreed much to her twins dismay "stop calling him that"

"i don't care, mastermind" effy threw her hands up in the air in aggregation.

"you wanna see something?" luke asked manny, noticing how his sister took out a book and didn't seem interested in talking with him anymore.

"oh my god is that a fire—cracker?" manny exclaimed loudly which earned him shushing from luke and side—eyes from effy. "are you doing something dangerous, luke?" the girl asked her brother, who shook his head in denial.