Nako went straight to Kazuha's bed and observed her sleeping figure. Until she noticed her tightly fisted hand.

"Great Lord Master, her condition is stable so you can be at ease." Approached one lady, dressed as medic. She bowed at the respectable Nako, and also to Yujin and Hyewon who just arrived. "What the child needs is a long rest and she'll be fine. However.." she paused in hesitant. "None of us can really do something about her frozen hand."

"Frozen hand?" Hyewon steps forward and observes for herself. Indeed, Kazuha's right hand is almost frozen, immovable.

"Oh?" Yujin's face brightened. "Her hand! It's exactly the same!"

None of the attendants were able to decipher Yujin's words. They looked at each other in wonders, same as what?

But Hyewon and Nako knew exactly what she pertains to. Kazuha's fisted hand.. she must have the feather held inside, which possesses a remnant of Sakura's magic. They can feel Sakura's soul within her frozen hand.

But not just Sakura's..

Even only a slight... Chaeyeon's soul is alive inside as well.

That answers all their questions. The enhancement of their power that they felt earlier, it was this feather all along.

Even Chaeyeon didn't leave this world.

"That feather you're talking about..." Hyewon utters.

"I know," followed by Nako. "From now on. Kazuha will be the keeper of their souls."

———

"Yujin will take a break for the meantime. She will withdraw from any duties for her recovery." In the middle of the giant halls, footsteps echoed through the wide walls. Chaewon is leading the way while the Knights' General Paladin, Shin Yuna, follows behind being covered in her armor suit.

"I heard," the knight replies. They have heard of the news of Yujin and Nako's costly return from their journey. Yuna can't help but pity the first time she saw Yujin bearing such internal damage.

"Hyewon and I have discussed something very important. It is regarding the demons that spawned near the child Kazuha's hideout." Chaewon stopped, that caused Yuna to halt as well. She faced her, and what's painted in her face was an expression readable enough for Yuna to instantly understand the situation.

The night is but a vast body of nothingness. But if there's a light, it shows everything that hides within that dark. Kazuha happens to be that light. Now the last child of the Nakamura clan is finally awake again, ambitious eyes are starting to show themselves.

The demons that attempted to recruit Kazuha means there is a bigger group behind them.

Rebellion.

The knight bowed, "give me an order and I, the General Paladin of Central Palace, shall obey with no question."

"You're supposed to be partners. But right now Yujin is not capable of accepting any mission. A task this dangerous..."

"I am an honorable knight of Queen Minju and your Majesty. Assign me a mission and I'll battle alone any danger without fear, in the name of the Central Empire."

A sigh escapes her lips, Chaewon reached out her hand and pats Yuna's shoulder. Not as someone superior, not as the Lady Dame, but as a friend. "You must return alive, Yuna."

Yuna cackles, "of course. For every past missions, when did I not?" A slight laughter, before the smile on her lips slowly faded. "I'll complete this mission and come back alive, I promise. Tell Yujin she should be recovered when that time comes."

———

A sound of creak occurs every time Yuna swipes the cloth across her blade. She looks down at her sword and activated her magic, which made it glow a pure, bright light. "I put my faith in you," she whispers to her blade like an enchantment. This mission, her soul, her life... she puts it all on this sword. Her Light Sword. 

Inside her residence, the palace tower there she sat alone facing the flaming hearth that gave her warmth, with her sword placed in her lap. A sigh escapes as she looks around. Somehow.. it felt empty without the annoyance of a certain dog.

She was informed of Yujin's stay on the South, unable to travel more because of her injury so she stayed their 'til she will recover.

She stood up and hovered her cloak over herself. A piece of cloth she tied around her face to conceal her identity, while she ties the belt to secure the scabbard on her waist. She picked up the letter she has prepared before hand and placed it on the bed just above the pillow. A regretful smile plasters before she left the tower. She left the palace.

Now she is standing right before her statue.

She looks up to stare at the purest Eudialyte gemstone carved into a familiar figure. She stared specifically at her face. "Wonyoung," she whispers as she places her hand on the stone. She caresses it and let her head rest against it. She closed her eyes, hoping to connect with Wonyoung's spirit somewhere in the heavens. "You told me to take care of Yujin in your place."

With a final breath, she stepped away and placed her fist on her chest– a knight's way of honoring– and smiled, "I'll be keeping my promise in honor of your name... for Yujin... and for this world."