And the drawing room at Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George.

Poppy was victoriously stroking the dog's fur, a boy, his name was Arthur and she would never stop loving him for the rest of her life, she believed that he was the only man she needed.

Of course, it follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she has always desired. The season's true Incomparable, living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed.

Suppressed laughter sounded through the Featherington drawing room as Poppy buried her head in Penelope's shoulder while a young man was reciting atrocious poetry to Marina. Lord Waverley was standing by her side cringing at the words being spoken.

Sitting next to the very amused Featherington was Colin Bridgerton who glanced at the girl smiling and holding in his own laughter. Their arms were touching and Poppy could feel his shoulders moving up and down, not helping her cause at all.

The puppy that had sat in Poppy's lap abandoned the girl when she started laughing and was resting in a very unimpressed Eloise's lap.

Finally, the man finished and very reluctant applause sounded through the room. Poppy took her head off of Penelope's shoulder and attempted to compose herself so she wouldn't hurt the poor boy's feelings.

Her mother did not seem to care so much about how he felt but needed to keep up appearances,

"Wonderful, wonderful. Gentleman, thank you for your calls. Do not forget to bid Prudence, Philipa, or even Penelope and Poppy farewell as you go."

Lord Waverley began to leave but stopped by the group gathered. He rested a hand on Colin's shoulder.

"It is nice to see you Bridgerton. I'm sorry we couldn't talk today, we should grab a drink some night."

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I'm excited to ask you about your work with the restaurant."

"Ah, yes a riveting topic indeed."

Waverley took his hand off of Colin and turned to the two Featherington sisters,

"I wish I had the courage of that man speaking poetry. To be so bad at something but still do it."

He shook his head and Penelope let a sharp giggle out,

"Yes he is no Lord Byron."

A hearty chuckle left Waverley who brought his attention fully to Penelope. The three others around them watched, interested in the interaction.

"No, he is not. It is nice to see you as well Penelope." He began to walk away before remembering the two other women standing nearby he turned back and cleared his throat. "Uh, Poppy, Eloise. Lovely to see you two as well."

He left as Eloise raised her eyebrows sarcastically.

Poppy rolled her eyes and turned to Colin who grabbed her hand briefly before standing up from his seat, he bowed to her.

"A most wretched sonnet indeed."

A laugh left the girl in a burst,

"I do not believe that I agree with you. I found it to be marvellous."

"Yes, your giggling did show your appreciation perfectly." He glanced down and again he quickly took her hand in his, "I believe I must go. Good day Pop."

He turned to her sister and nodded his head goodbye before reluctantly letting go of her hand and made his leave while Poppy watched the back of his head. Eloise herself was staring at Marina.