chapter 241

Greetings to the general!"

The trainees who had been actively paying attention to them from the start, upon hearing their unanimous address, all looked startled and stared intensely at Lukas. The latter wasn't fazed at all, curtly nodded, and looked at the sea of people gazing at him with stunned eyes.

N0 v el Next. CoM

'General-- General?!'

'Did they call him general?'

Sure enough, a badge belonging to the highest officer in the army could be seen on the coat hanging on his shoulders. This made the aspiring knights straighten up their backs in reflex.

But what shocked them most was the fact that the general is young and looked like he is only a few years older than them. To be able to gain a title and position that grand, just how can they measure up to him?

Not only the trainees are feeling overwhelmed but the knights as well. They thought that the general was still the marquis Herman, or someone older. It's actually the renowned Duke of Agera!

Maybe that's why he was able to drive the barbarians away on the northern territory..

Eon then recovered quickly for he was reminded of what Lukas had said earlier and bravely approached Lukas despite Luther pulling him back.

"Your grace! Just now… What happened to Nadia? Is she alright? She's not injured, is she?"

Heck, Eon felt so nervous that he couldn't help but press Lukas with questions one after another. His green eyes were apprehensive, searching Lukas's face for answers. Lukas seemed to think for a moment, relating him to Nadia.

He faintly remembers this guy. He was walking with Nadia before but he deliberately ignored him. And isn't he a member of the silver wings too?

"She's…" Lukas trailed on and recalled whether Ylmer had informed him if she was harmed. This pause only heightened Eon's anxiousness. "... fine."

"Really?" Eon wanted to confirm.

"Mmm." Lukas then glanced over his head, avoiding eye contact.

'Was she injured?'

He then frowned, internally berating Ylmer for not telling him Nadia's condition. He would surely give him a lashing later.

If Ylmer was here, he would feel wronged.

Hearing positive news, Eon let out a relieved sigh which only made Lukas feel more awkward.

That's great. At least Nadia is well, that's the most important thing. The captain must be really worried right now to even leave without explaining anything to them.

Lukas didn't want to waste more time and announced to the silent crowd, creating a buzz.

"I will oversee the training for today."

Everyone couldn't believe it. The general isactually going to supervise their training? Of course, they would feel excited and nervous at the same time. Can anyone just say that they have been guided by the general? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so naturally, they would feel thrilled.

N0 v el Next. CoM

But that thrill would not last at all.

Lukas smiled, his eyes glinting in mischief. Those who had seen it started feeling chills creeping up their backs. They have a bad premonition already…

"First, let me see your skills."

---**

[Back at the Ethalion Mansion]

Gwen was diligently administering the cleaning up after her successful tea party. She watched as the maids went to and fro, carrying all kinds of props she used when all of a sudden, a loud sound took them all in surprise. The ground shook and Gwen almost lost her footing.

"What was that?" She wondered as she gazed in the direction where the noise came from.

She felt anxious in her heart because it wasn't far from the estate. It doesn't look like it was nothing either. That was clearly an explosion just now!

"Didn't Nadia just leave?" She whispered afterward.

That's right, it wasn't that long ago since she left then wouldn't that mean…?

Gwen covered her mouth as her heart pounded loudly in her ears. Right now, her intuition is screaming at her and it wasn't for good.

It wasn't only her that was caught off-guard by the explosion just now but also Conrad who was reading some documents and the duchess who was tending to the flowers. Both of them stopped what they were doing to look at the distance in question.

Conrad leaned over and peered outside the window with narrowed eyes before glancing at the butler.

"Send some men to go and check it out."

"Yes."

The butler left and not long after, some of them came back with a few people from Nadia's entourage and reported directly to Conrad, also relaying that they needed help. After hearing the news, Conrad didn't hesitate and immediately set off, bringing more people with him.

It was at this time when Gwen bumped into them and rushed to his side. She found a few familiar uniforms within the group and hurriedly asked.

"What's going on?"

Gwen could see that Conrad looked gloomy so she got even more uneasy. She knew that crest in their uniform very well...

"There was an incident not far from here. For now, don't wander outside."

He was clearly in a rush and seeing him so agitated, Gwen could already guess the reason in her heart.

"Is it Nadia?"

She didn't wait for his reply and boldly stepped up.

"I'll come with you."

She doesn't care about anything else, she's only worried about her best friend. That explosion must be linked to her somewhat and she's certain it was not a simple incident.Conrad firmly shook his head.

"No. It might still be dangerous out there. Call a doctor and wait for us to come back."

She wanted to refute but she also understood the gravity of the situation. If she tagged along and the danger was still out there, she wouldn't get to defend herself and would only hold Conrad and the others back.

Even though she's anxious in her heart, she didn't press him further. She pursed her lips tightly and stood back, composing herself.

"Then take care…"

Conrad nodded and set forth while Gwen could only sigh as she watched them leave the gates. She could only hope that they would be back safely and that nothing bad had happened to Nadia.