- ꕤ 13: OUTSIDER

Start from the beginning

On the other hand, your questions and self-reflection struck a chord in Xiao's heart. He couldn't help but wonder, does he secretly feel this way, too?

He became an Adeptus due to his loyalty and contract with Rex Lapis. If he was given the choice, would he leave? Or perhaps, is he in too deep now? Was it truly his duty or an unwarranted commitment?

Regardless, he understood what you meant to some extent. He may not comprehend human emotions, but he somehow related to your concerns.

"Ah! Sorry, I suddenly dumped all my feelings onto you. I must have wasted so much of your time. You can go if you want." Your panicked voice cut his train of thought.

"It's fine. And regarding the rain, I can take you to Liyue." Xiao brought up, shocking you.

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Walking alone to the city while it rains might draw in danger. I should bring you there. Besides, I have to leave as well."

"Oh, okay then! Let's go."

🍃

Shortly after Xiao dropped you off at the gate, he swiftly disappeared. You didn't mind, he was busy after all.

But you also felt guilty for always talking to him. Your goal was to befriend him, not annoy him. But it seemed you were constantly doing the latter.

You strolled down the streets of the Harbor, searching through the open stalls. Perhaps you could buy Xiao a trinket and leave him alone for a couple of days. It wouldn't be so bad... He could take a break from your constant rambles as well.

Hmm, maybe you can make a short trip to Mondstadt?

So many choices! You guessed this was the perk of being an Adventurer slash wanderer.

You soon reached Third-round Knockout. This was the place characters like Zhongli were always present. It would be plausible that Yanfei would be here as well.

And you were correct!

"Y/N! Here, I saved us a seat inside. Don't want us to get soaked after all!" The legal advisor called. You followed Yanfei inside and marveled at the inside of the restaurant. The game doesn't do it justice.

After ordering food and tea, the two of you sat to enjoy your meals. The food was delicious, as expected.

"I'm sure it was tiring for you to walk to the Chasm and back. Thank you, again!"

"It was alright. My Chasm experience probably wasn't as bad as yours."

Yanfei put down her cup of tea and raised her brow. As soon as she did, you realized what came out of your mouth. You weren't in the quest so how would you know what happened to her?

"How'd you know I was in the Chasm?" Yanfei asked.

Your mouth was left agape.

"Tell me, Y/N, what else do you know? What exactly is your world capable of?

Do you answer honestly? You did with Xiao, why hide it from Yanfei? But then again, there was more reason to be truthful with him.

But THE legal advisor of Liyue as your friend... Doesn't sound so bad, does it?

"While this world has magic, divine gods, and beings, mine doesn't. Instead, we have technology and science. We were able to create a machine that could bring us into different worlds and galaxies, Teyvat unexpectedly being one of them."

"Unexpectedly?"

"Where I'm from, the whole of Teyvat, its history, and its people... They're all from a fictitious story. It isn't real. You are one of the characters in the story. Just like how I could be in other universes."

"This world is real, just not in mine. So, I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. But, due to an accident, here I am."

Yanfei was absorbing all the information you gave her. Eventually, she snapped her fingers.

"Aha! I'm assuming you know almost everyone in Teyvat, and their backstories. Right?" She looked quite pleased rather than disturbed... Then again, her character was the happiest one out of everyone.

"Uh, yes. Sort of. I also know some events that happened or will happen in Teyvat, but not all of them. Mostly because the story isn't finished yet. I knew you were in the Chasm, but I haven't gone through that storyline yet."

Yanfei smiled and poured you tea, pushing the cup toward you slowly. She was more than intrigued with your story and was more than happy to help you settle into the city.

"My intuition was right, you are interesting."