I Robot, You Jane

Start from the beginning

"Did you ever leave?" Ms. Calendar asked him. He stopped walking up the stairs and looked back at her smiling face, pleased with herself before turning and going upstairs.

"I'll see you at home," I called out to him.

"Be careful on the way." I waved his worry off before grabbing my stuff and going home for the night.

I was sitting outside the house at night with a glass of water in one hand, my homework on my lap, and a crossbow at my feet. Can't be too careful on the Hellmouth after all.

"Shouldn't you be inside?" I smiled before looking up to see Angel.

"I thought you said you were going to stay away?" I asked him.

"I was walking by..."

"So far away from your own home?" I asked him and he looked down at his clasped hands. "Nervous about something?"

"Being around you."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, sir," I teased placing my homework next to me and standing up.

"Even where it shouldn't."

"We talked about this, Angel."

"Not enough." I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him.

"Why? Cause I want this and you don't?" I asked him, getting irritated at this. "I don't care that you're a vampire and have lived hundreds of years."

"Maybe you should," he told me.

"Why? Because you decided we can't be a thing?" I asked him. "That's kinda a joint decision, don't you think?"

"We were never a thing to begin with. Together we're a tragedy."

"Why?" I asked him. "Becuase of what we are?"

"We're enemies."

"Romeo and Juliet much?" I asked him.

"I shouldn't have come."

"Not unless you wanted a fight," I told him. "I told you I'd fight you on this."

"You're just a teenager..."

"Who knows a thing or two about what really goes on in this world. My dad's a Watcher which mean my education is a bit different from other teens," I reminded him. "You may think you know everything about me, but you don't."

"And you know nothing about me."

"Then talk to me!" I begged, placing my hands on his arms. "Trust me as I trust you!"

"You wouldn't understand how things were back then!"

"You don't know that!"

"Enough!" Angel shouted at me before moving away from me. "I gotta go." He turned and started walking away from me.

"Angel, wait," I called out to him, but he ignored me and kept walking away. "I'm not giving up!"

I was walking with Buffy, talking about Willow's new boyfriend, when we approached Xander watching her walk away.

"She certainly looks perky," Buffy said.

"New guy will do that to you," I told her with a smile. "When he's not being a stubborn idiot."

"No luck with Angel still?" she asked me and I nodded.

"We had a big fight last night, and we're not even together for it to count as our first big fight."

"Color in the cheeks, bounce in the step... I don't like it," Xander said finally looking at us. "It's not healthy. So, are you goin' to the Bronze tonight? Oh, probably not, you probably have some vampire-slaying or some lame endeavor like that, don't you? Everyone deserts me."