14: I Get It, He's Hot

Start from the beginning

Was she really asking Rose that question? How was she supposed to know.

'I'm not sure. When I was distracted and stopped panicking, I could see little streams of my magic leave my body. It spread out throughout the forest and then it just disappeared after a few seconds of shining bright.'

Professor Green seemed to be listening intently as she was rubbing her chin with her right hand, pondering over it. 'I see.', she stated before getting up and walking over to Rose. 'I'm sorry this happened to you, but we must make sure that it doesn't happen again.'

This time, her tone was understanding, even comforting and Rose appreciated it. 'Thank you.', Rose uttered softly. 'But how do we do that?'

'You must let go of your fear. Let go of all that is bothering you.', Professor Green responded. 'Think of me as a guidance counselor. We can figure it out together, that is, if you want to.'

Rose thought about it but realised quickly that that was exactly what she needed. Someone who knew more about what was going on, someone who could give her advice. Not just about her magic, but also about all the strange things that had happened as of late. It was in that moment Rose realised how emotionally exhausted she actually was and she wholeheartedly accepted Professor Green's offer.

This was what it had come to. Here she was, in front of one of the most powerful fairies at Alfea, sobbing her heart out over everything that had happened. How her parents had always restricted her from using her magic, how they had created Rose's fear, how she also missed them even though she liked being at Alfea. She told Professor Green about the big spider and all the strange events that had followed after and yes, she even told her about her pathetic feelings for Riven, how her feelings had gotten hurt and even how she had attacked him during her momentary black-out. 

Professor Green mostly just listened, nodding from time to time or giving Rose's hand a comforting squeeze. 'I'm proud of you for letting it out, for sharing it with me.', she complimented as Rose had finished her story.

Even though Rose felt mostly relieved, the Professor's reaction seemed a little underwhelming as she didn't really comment on anything, she just seemed to be thinking it all over, not letting Rose know what exactly she was thinking.

'So what do you think happened?', Rose asked as she raised an eyebrow.

'Hmm?', Professor Green responded. Clearly, Rose had disrupted her stream of thought.

'What do you think happened to me, I mean, when I blacked out?', Rose specified.

'Oh, that, probably just exhaustion, stress maybe.', Professor Green said as she waved a hand like she was literally dismissing Rose's concerns. 'We will pick this up during our next session.'

'But my friends, they are keeping an eye on me in case it might happen again. I might hurt another student...', Rose objected in surprise. 

'It's unlikely to happen again.', Professor Green interrupted. 'I think we have done enough for today.', she continued as she abruptly stood up and walked back to the desk.

Rose watched as the Professor seemed to be scribbling something down on a piece of paper before walking back to Rose and handing it to her. 'Could you please deliver this note to headmaster Silva for me?', she asked her.

Rose gave her a quizzical look, but she knew it was no use to comment on it any further. 'Of course.', Rose confirmed as Professor Green had already walked over to the door, silently gesturing for Rose to exit the classroom.

'So, I'll see you next week?', Rose questioned hesitantly as she stood awkwardly in the hallway, looking at professor Green whose hand was already on the doorknob.