Chapter VII. Kissed By Fire

Start from the beginning

"Nothing will happen to you and you will raise your child and I am glad to be his godmother"

They hear a noise and head outside.

》》》》《《《《

Outside, Willem and Martyn Lannister lie dead on a blanket. Talisa kneels beside them and Robb and Bernia stand beside her. Bryden "Blackfish" Tully stands opposite, while Lady Catelyn Stark sits behind them. Bernia with glassy eyes trying not to cry.

Robb says "Bring them in" Brynden opens the door. Rickard Karstark and his men walk in. Their hands are bound "Is that all of them? It took five of you to murder two unarmed squires?"

Rickard says "Not murder, Your Grace. Vengeance."

"Vengeance? Those boys didn't kill your sons. I saw Harrion die on the battlefield and Torrhen__"

"Was strangled by the Kingslayer. They were his kin."

Bernia shouts "They were boys!"

Robb sighs "Look at them."

Rickard says "Tell your mother to look at them. She killed them as much as I."

"My mother had nothing to do with this. This was your treason."

"It's treason to free your enemies. In war, you kill your enemies. Did your father not teach you that, boy?"

Brynden punches Rickard.

Robb says "Leave him."

Rickard says "Aye. Leave me to the king. He wants to give me a scolding before he sets me free. That's how he deals with treason. Our King in the North. Or should I call him the King Who Lost the North?"

"Escort Lord Karstark to the dungeon. Hang the rest."

"Mercy, sire! I didn't kill anyone. I only watched for the guards."

Robb says "This one was only the watcher. Hang him last so he can watch the others die."

"Please! Please, no. They made me do it! They made me! They made me!"

Brynden takes out Rickard and men. Robb sits at his table.

Talisa, Bernia, and Edmure Tully approach. Bernia says "Word of this can't leave Riverrun. They were Tywin Lannister's nephews."

Edmure nods "The Lannisters pay their debts. They never stop talking about it."

Robb says "Would you make me a liar as well as a murderer?"

"It wouldn't be lying. We will bury them and remain silent until the war is done."

Bernia says "They will kill all of us for these children"

Robb says "I'm not fighting for justice if I don't serve justice to murderers in my ranks, no matter how highborn. He has to die."

Catelyn stands and approaches and says "The Karstarks are Northmen. They won't forgive the killing of their lord."

Talisa nods "Your mother's right. If you do this, the Karstarks will abandon you."

Robb says "You tended to their wounds. You brought them supper. Now they're dead."

Bernia says "And more boys will keep dying until this war is over. You need Karstark men to end it."

Catelyn says "Spare his life. Keep him as a hostage."

Edmure says "A hostage. Tell the Karstarks that as long as they remain loyal, he will not be harmed."

Robb considers.