23: JENEVIEVE LEARNS ABOUT EMPYREA

Начните с самого начала

Lilith scanned the surroundings, checking her friends to think of which magic she did best. When her gaze landed on the Prince of Faes, she remembered something that can outbest her recent performances.

"Our Princess died from saving our land from Theo's stepmother but I found a rare spell that brought her back to life," Lilith proudly said. "Although, I performed the spell with my family because I still lacked magic that time."

"Still, that's a noteworthy feat! You should be in the Guiness World Book of Records if that happened in our world!" she looked so proud of Lilith, it made the latter smile. "So, where's this Princess?"

"The Princess is having her extended private lessons in the Castle with her mother. She was not raised to be a princess so she is given lessons about her subjects and what other important information she has to know about."

"I see," Jenevieve kept her eyes on the two Theodores who were still in their own world training. So, Theo will have a new girlfriend.

An hour later, when the trainees and their trainers were gathered together by the staircase, they felt a strong gust of wind.

Jenevieve immediately let out a shriek when a huge direwolf appeared running towards their direction. When the boys stood up, another boy appeared from the woods, his feet off the ground as he followed the dire wolf.

She squinted, trying to have a better look at the boy. "Justin?"

"Jen?!" the boy smiled from ear to ear. "You're finally here!" He flew towards her, stepping down only when he was already in front of her. "Anyway, please make way people. Rev has to go up." Gently, he pulled Jenevieve down the stairs as the others dispersed for the direwolf. "That's Reverie, by the way," he pointed at the direwolf making her way to the top of the Tree House.

Her jaw dropped. "A wolf?"

"Direwolf," he specified. "We were betting on who could go here faster. Unfortunately, I lost."

"You always lose to her," Nazaire said. "It is only her fondness of you that she agrees with your antics every time."

Justin's cheeks turned pink. "I really wanted to win this time."

Agustus came right after, his dragon slowly descending a few feet from the Tree House.

"Two Carmichaels?" Gus said.

"From the Land of Terrenes," the Terrene Jeremiah explained.

Gus looked at him, eyes boring into his. "I am aware."

"Let's continue the training," Nazaire said, pulling Jeremiah with him despite the protests of the Terrene. "Prince Theodore is not your trainer so he has no say about this. You will spend another hour with me and Jenevieve."

With the trainees leaving, Agustus turned to the girls, his hands behind him. "I will be leaving Light here for a moment. He is waiting for me in the Castle, and I still can not bring Light there," he scrunched his nose then leaned closer to Liltih, careful not to make his dragon hear him. "He might cause trouble from that memory with his mother."

Lilith nodded. "We will take care of him while you are gone."

"Thank you." Gus turned to Jenevieve. "It was nice meeting you, Jenevieve Carmichael."

The interaction sent a chill on Terrene Jenevieve's spine. "I know that I should be scared of the dragon but... our classmate... he died not long ago. He looks just like him," she pouted, tears brimmed her eyes as she watched the boy walking away.

Lilith rubbed her back to comfort her. "We know about him. The Princess, Reverie, and your friends told us about how he was smart and a reliable person. We apologize for your loss."