Yao's Magical Advice

Start from the beginning

"This is called playing with the cards you're dealt. If even this uniform is basically black and white, it has red." I remarked, as Yao and Chubby compared the jackets. "Didn't you say you would look fat in white? Why did I believe you? Yours is not half as big as mine!" Chubby grumbled. "You shouldn't believe in a girl, when they say they're fat." I commented on Yao's behalf. Girls have insecurities, and even three kilograms makes you feel fat.

"It's not about being fat or not. You look like a kid no matter what you wear." Cheng said, suddenly entering the scene. Yao grinned with Yue, who whispered something to each other. Everyone looked at Cheng, as if he grew three heads. "What did you say? Who did you just call a kid?" I asked, offended. It was a back-handed compliment, very Lu-like.

Rui was on the verge of breaking into laughter, as Yue gave a thumbs-up. I left in frustration and humiliation, as Cheng grinned in victory. Or so I thought.

+---×---+

The next morning, everyone boarded the bus to have a match with YQCB. Lee Chen got off, as a fan or staff member, spoke something to Rui as they left. They headed to the make-up room, to make them more presentable for the camera. Cheng was first. "You put on too much foundation." Cheng said to his artist.

"Really? Let me check. You're right. I won't apply concealer then. I'll apply the setting-powder directly. Okay?" The man asked Cheng, a rhetorical question. "My goodness, brother Cheng, your complexion is so good!" The man said, a little astonished. "I know." Cheng replied, nonchalant. "What's the secret to your complexion?" The man asked, expecting an answer this time. Cheng smirked. "My youth."

---------

"I'm handsome enough. There's no need for make-up." Yue said, showing off. He learnt in his brother's footsteps. "You can't do so. Anyway, you'll be more handsome after I apply the make-up for you. Come on." The man said, as Yue looked at the brush in hatred.

---------

"Why are you shaving my eyebrows? My eyebrows look good, okay!" Chubby exclaimed, as the man held a razor. "They do look good. But do you realize they're unequal?" The man asked, and Chubby furrowed his eyebrows. "Is that so?" He asked, and the man nodded. He closed his eyes, ready for the blade.

---------

"Use 502 as the base, and apply 303 after that. It'll look natural and energetic." K said, as the man looked at him in surprise, and continued as instructed. K explained all the foundations needed, as the man stared in astonishment.

---------

"Please apply more powder. My face is huge." Yao said to the artist, who consoled her. Chen didn't pay attention, as she sat behind them, reading a book. The one Cheng was reading before, Strange Pilgrims. "My dear, your face isn't huge at all." He replied, adding more powder anyway. "Really? This is the first time someone said that to me." Yao said in happiness, as she beamed. "It's just a bit meaty." He said, and Yao's face fell. She stared into the mirror, waiting for this to end.

---------

"Can I skip the eyeliner? I don't like that." Chen said, looking at herself in confusion. She did not want to look like a girl, the man thought. "Are you sure? Rui! Take a look. Doesn't she look exquisite?" The man called to Rui, and Chen gave the artist a death glare. "Draw it." Rui said, and Chen knew that she was stuck with it. Her short hair was curled, as they fell right below her chin. She sat next to Yao, looking exactly like her mother. It brought back memories.

+---×---+

"Do you think my eyeliner looks okay?" I asked Yao, as the man continued my make-up. I did not like him very much. "It's fine." She said reassuringly, smiling faintly. "Okay, we have to leave to get the individual pictures taken. Chen, meet us after." Rui said, leaving. "Where is my uniform?" I called out, and he pointed to the sofa. Got it. "Wait! Where is the dressing room?" I asked in alarm, and Rui grinned. "Find a private spot, no one's watching." He said, leaving. I was more irritated by the second. "How much more?" I asked the man, and he shrugged. "As long as it takes." He said.