(18) 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

"Meliorn." He says, shaking his head. "Jonathan can not be allowed to get his hands on that sword. If he does, the amount of demons he could raise from Edom-"

"That blade and those who wield it are of no further concern to us." Meliorn stated as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Then just hold them long enough for us to get there with glorious." Jace pleads as he stared at Meliorn who only clenches his jaw.

"Seelies cannot lie. To double-cross would go against our nature." Meliorn denied as he shakes his head. Jace sighs as he takes a step toward him.

"Please. Please, Meliorn. I'd be indebted to you forever." Jace admits and he could tell that Meliorn was thinking about it.

"We can however be forgetful. Leaving entrances to the realm, unlocked. Do with that what you will." Meliorn states before leaving the room.

"We need to get there, stop Jonathan." Adelaide says as they were left alone but Alec shakes his head, looking down at her.

"Adelaide, it's too dangerous." Alec states, knowing she wanted to be the one to take down Jonathan but he also knew that she got seriously hurt last time and didn't want that to happen again.

"I might be the one who can actually stop him." Adelaide points out as she places her hand on her hip. But Alec just shakes his head.

"Not when the sword is nearby." He denies, he wouldnt mind her tagging along if the sword wasnt around. The sword could potentially harm her and he didnt want that. "I can't let you get hurt." Alec says and Adelaide tilts her head, gazing up at him.

"Alec, I know you just want to protect me, but you can't do it forever." Adelaide denies as she shakes her head. It wasn't like she didn't appreciate it but he couldn't protect her from every little thing.

"The sword is deadly to anyone with demon blood. I'll text you when it's safe." Alec responds, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. "Please." He just needed her stay back one last time. Once more and then everything would be back to normal.

"Okay." Adelaide responds as she nods her head. Alec smiles down at her, pressing a soft kiss to her lips before heading off with the rest of the group. Adelaide sighs as she watches him before turning and seeing her dad walking over to her.

"I never knew you were one to stay back." Dean teases her and she laughs a bit, crossing her arms as she just shrugs her shoulders.

"Well, I don't want to fight anymore." Adelaide admits as she leans against the wall. Her and Alec had spent too long fighting and she didn't want to continue it. Especially right now with basically a ticking clock on herself.

"You and Alec get through a lot." Dean points out, feeling like that was why they were still together. Because they could get through anything and still be okay.

"Yeah, we do." She replies as she nods her head, smiling as she moves her gaze down to the ground.

"If there's anything you need to tell me. You know you can, right?" Dean tells her and she furrows her eyebrows, wondering why he was saying this to her but she nods her head.

"Of course."

"Are you sure there's nothing on your mind?" Dean asks, gazing at her and the woman nods her head. She knew she was good at keeping a poker face but it seemed her dad could see right through it.