(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?

Start from the beginning

"I'm not. It's clear he doesn't want to talk to me." Adelaide mumbles as she fiddles with her fingers. Jace sighs as he tilts his head, they were both as bad as each other.

"And how would you know that if you haven't asked?" He retorts making Adelaide clench her jaw slightly. She didn't understand why he cared so much about their relationship. She understood he was Alec's parabatai but was he unable to mind his own business?

"I just know, Jace." She responds, biting the inside of her cheek.

"You and Alec are meant to be together, you can't just let something like this get in the way." Jace tells her, they had gone through too much just to throw it in the towel so easily.

"And what happens when Lilith comes back and we can't break the link?" Adelaide asks him, raising her eyebrows at him. It wasn't as easy as he made it seem. "I'm not going to let her continue to terrorize everyone." She states and Jace furrows his eyebrows.

"She won't. We'll figure it out." He assured her and she just shakes her head. Adelaide knew that not everything worked out in their favour.

"You have to promise me something." Adelaide starts as she stares down at her hands for a moment before hesitantly looking up at Jace. "If Lilith comes back, if she starts to wreak havoc among the world.. I need you to promise that you'll kill me." She says, knowing he would most definitely disagree with her plan but it was the only way to stop her if it happened.

"What? Are you crazy?" Jace almost screams but keeps his voice down to avoid people overhearing.

"Jace, please." She pleads, she knew he was the only person she could ask to do it. "You're one of the only people who I know will go through with it." Adelaide loved everyone to death but Jace knew how to separate what needed to be done from his feelings.

"No, Adelaide. I'm not gonna kill you." He denies, a scoff leaving his lips.

"If we've exhausted all other options and that's the only one left, Jace you have to." Adelaide tells him, if Lilith got to earth, it would be almost impossible to get rid of her again.

"No."

"Jace, please do this. For me." Adelaide grabs a hold of his hand, squeezing it. She could see the hurt in his eyes as he shakes his head.

"I can't do that to Alec." Jace denies, he never could hurt his parabatai like that. Adelaide dying would absolutely break him.

"Alec will understand because you'll explain to him why you did it." Adelaide says as she stares at Jace who still was very hesitant to say yes. "It's just a last resort, Jace."  She assures him, it's not like she wanted to die but if she needed to, she would. "Just promise.. promise to possibly kill me." Adelaide was practically staring into his soul. Jace didn't ever want to have to be the one to kill her, but he knew she was right. If he didn't and Lilith got to earth, she would wreak havoc.

"Okay, I'll do it."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE HAD GOTTEN A MESSAGE FROM JACE THAT CLARY HAD BEEN OVERTAKEN BY JONATHAN, and that the two of them were now on the run. Luckily Adelaide was right outside of the club they were in when it happened so she caught them outside. She followed after them but she knew it was only a matter of time before they completely disappeared. So, Adelaide knew she had to do something, even if it meant Jonathan would be after her now.