(16) 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫?

Start from the beginning

"Yes." She replies, still not being able to really look at him.

"Did I do something wrong-"

"You just..  I just don't want to be around you anymore." Adelaide lies and it broke her heart to be saying all of this to him. But she knew she had to or else Asmodeus would take back his magic.

"Why are you saying this?" Magnus asks, his jaw clenched as he had become suspicious. She wouldn't just be saying this out of the blue with no reason.

"Because I can't--"

"No, you have never once wanted me out of your life and now you are doing this out of the blue?" Magnus accused as he narrows his eyes at her. Adelaide knew it would be hard to convince him.

"Magnus, I know it's strange, but I can't." She tells him with a sigh, just wanting him to leave so this could all be over with but he wasn't budging.

"Can't what, I just don't understand." Magnus admits as he was trying to put all the pieces together but it was all a jumble.

"Just leave!" Adelaide screams, finally looking at the man who was quite taken aback by her outburst. "Okay?!" She pleads as she just needed him to be out of her sight. "Just get out and don't come back." She shouts at him with a scoff but again, he didn't make any attempt to leave.

"No, I'm not just leaving." Magnus denies, crossing his arms against his chest and Adelaide was growing very frustrated.

"Magnus, please." She just needed him to leave but as she looked at him, she knew that wasn't happening. "Fine, if you won't leave, I will." Adelaide states, deciding to just take herself out of this situation. But as she stands up and goes to walk out, Magnus grabs her arm.

"Stop, okay?" He tells her but she only removes her arm from his hand. She shakes her head, giving a saddened smile.

"Goodbye, Magnus." She says gently before heading towards the door and leaving the man, alone and confused.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

JACE WALKS THROUGH THE INSTITUTE HALLS, heading towards the command room as a sigh leaves his lips. As he walks in, he notices that Adelaide was practically hidden behind the computers. Furrowing his eyebrows, he makes his way over to her wondering what the hell she was doing. It seems that she noticed him since she slowly lifted her eyes. "What are you doing?" He asks her curiously, raising an eyebrow at the woman.

"Hiding from Magnus." She responds as she just puts her head back down. Jace was even more confused now, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Why?" Jace questions and Adelaide just sighs, looking back up at him. She couldn't exactly say it's because she made a deal with Asmodeus to leave Magnus' life so he could get his magic back.

"It's a long story." Adelaide admits as she rubs her face. Jace didn't feel like asking any more questions since it seemed she wouldn't answer them anyways.

"Okay.." He trails off slowly, putting his hands in his pockets. "Have you spoken to Alec?" Jace questions, deciding to change the subject. Adelaide just raises her eyebrows at the man.

"What do you think?" She asks him, it wasn't like Alec would talk to her even if she tried.

"You can't just avoid him too." Jace points out, avoiding people was not exactly the best solution for everything.