(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤

Start from the beginning

"I could get used to this type of treatment, but definitely not this wardrobe." Magnus states as he glanced down at the gown he was wearing with a grimace. Adelaide rolls her eyes, only Magnus could make comments and act like he was fully okay right after waking up.

"Right, let me get you a change of clothes." Alec tells him but Magnus shakes his head.

"No, no need." He replies as he lifts his hand to magically change but Alec rushes towards him.

"No." Alec quickly stops him from using his magic. Magnus looks at him weirdly before his eyes look at something behind him.

"What's he doing here?" Magnus asks, anger in his tone. Adelaide turns her head, only to see Lorenzo entering the room.

"Using Lorenzo's magic is what made you sick." Alec tells him, trying to explain to Magnus why he can't be using his magic. "Catarina said that if you use the magic again, even a little bit, it could go horribly wrong. The only way to get better is for Lorenzo to take the magic away." He explains but Magnus shakes his head, getting up from the bed.

"Oh, no. Catarina's just being overly cautious. Trust me, I feel fine." Magnus says, and he sees Alec trying to reach over in order to stop him from stumbling forward.

"Can we just get a minute please?" Alec asks Lorenzo who nods his head but Adelaide could tell that Magnus was getting angrier.

"No! I'm not getting rid of my magic." Magnus denies as he pulls away from Alec who glances towards adelaide.

"Magnus, this is the best solution." Adelaide tries to tell him, she knew how much magic meant to him but it was literally going to kill him. It seemed that Magnus didn't really want to listen to anything any of them were saying.

"I don't care. I'm keeping it."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC STANDS IN THEIR BEDROOM AS HE WATCHES ADELAIDE TAKE OUT HER EARRINGS. He was staring at her with a curious expression on his face as one thing didn't really add up for him since they were at the hospital. "I've been meaning to ask, how did you get to the hospital so quickly?" Alec asks her, furrowing his eyebrows. Adelaide glances towards him, a little bit confused by the question.

"What?" She questions as she places her earring down on the dresser before turning to look at her boyfriend.

"Well, when I called, you were at the institute. And yet, you showed up less than five minutes later." Alec points out, it was clearly impossible but she had done it. Which is why he was surprised when he first saw her walk into Magnus's room.

"Fast walker." Adelaide answers with a shrug before moving to take her second earring off. Alec narrows his eyes as he clearly knew something was up.

"Adelaide. Is there something you're not telling me?" Alec asks her as he crosses his arms against his chest. Adelaide shakes her head, looking down at the floor.

"Of course not." She denies immediately which tells him there was. But he also wasn't stupid. You couldn't get to the hospital from the institute quickly enough without a portal.