(13) 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤

Start from the beginning

"There's a catch, there always is." Adelaide responds, not about to accept something when she knew jonathan would somehow change it.

"I will simply connect you to Lilith so that you cannot back out of our deal." Jonathan states and Adelaide furrows her eyebrows. "I give you back your powers, you help me get Lilith back. If not... You will be forever linked to Lilith." He tells her and Adelaide inwardly groans. She knew there was something she wasn't thinking of. Of course, there might be a way to undo the link but it was a big risk.

"Or I could just figure a way out of it."

"Unlikely." Jonathan retorts before taking a step closer to her. "So, final offer." He says as he looks down at her. Adelaide stares back at him, a million different thoughts running through her mind.

On one end, she could accept it, decide not to help jonathan and hope that they can defeat him before he tries to kill her or Lilith. On the other end, she would practically be on death row because she wouldn't know whether or not Jonathan would try and kill Lilith or when. She would constantly be on edge. She would have her magic back, but at a price.

"Yes or no?"

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE RUSHED INTO THE HOSPITAL ROOM WHERE MAGNUS WAS. Alec had just called her to say that Magnus had collapsed and stopped breathing. She barely heard anything else as she was quick to portal to the hospital. Yes, she had accepted jonathans offer and she was glad she did. Now she could get used to having her magic back and she might even be able to get Magnus his own magic back. Even though, she'd probably still have to speak with Asmodeus.

"What happened? Is he okay?" Adelaide asks as she moves over to the bed where Magnus was laying, unconscious. Alec was a little surprised to see her so quickly as they had only just gotten off the phone a few minutes ago.

"He just dropped to the ground and started seizing."  Alec says after a moment, deciding to push his thoughts away till later. Adelaide analyzes Magnus, bringing her hand up to her mouth.

"Oh, my god." She grabs a hold of Magnus's hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Catarina thinks it's the magic." Alec tells her, she said that it was too much for him and that's why his body shut down.

"He's rejecting it." Adelaide knew what was happening, it was what Lorenzo warned her about when he had tried to give some of the magic to her.

"Yeah."

"God, I should've been there." She mumbles as she brings her hand up to rub her eyes. Alec puts his hand on her shoulder, rubbing it.

"Hey, there would've been nothing that you could've done." Alec assures her, it wasn't something that they could've prevented. He had just dropped without even a warning. But Adelaide sniffles, shaking her head.

"You don't know-"

"Adelaide. He's going to be fine." Alec assures the girl who knew that was not going to be true unless they found a way for him to keep his magic.

"Right. He will definitely give up his magic willingly." Adelaide mumbles as she crossed her arms against her chest.

"What happened?" Magnus pipes up as he looks towards the couple who were a little shocked to see him awake. Adelaide smiles brightly before pulling him into a hug. The man groans slightly but hugs her back.

"You got very sick but everything is gonna be okay." Alec tells him and Magnus glances around the room. He notices the nurses who were going in and out of the room.