(12) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫

Start from the beginning

"I won't." Adelaide says as she nods her head. "I just needed to say something to someone." She admits, just needing to get it off of her chest. Isabelle furrows her eyebrows as she stared at the girl.

"Why not tell Alec?" She asks, a little bit confused on why Adelaide had come to her and not her brother. Adelaide shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't want to worry him." She admits, he already had enough on his plate. Plus, he would just be overly protective about her and demand that she didn't take the deal.

"Please tell him so I don't have to carry the burden of this secret." Isabelle says with a groan as she knew she couldn't keep it to herself for long. Adelaide sighs as she nods her head.

"I will, soon." She assures the girl as she stares down at her hands. Isabelle places her hand on the girls leg, squeezing it.

"If Jonathan comes back, alert me okay?" Isabelle asks and Adelaide looks at her, nodding. She knew she should've alerted someone when it happened but she knew if she did, jonathan would've disappeared anyways.

"Of course." Adelaide responds before looking back down. She clenches her jaw as her mind was racked with a bunch of different things. She was not really thinking about taking his deal, but she couldn't really figure out what else to do.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SAT AT THE TABLE HAVING BREAKFAST WITH EVERYONE. but she wasn't really eating, she was mainly thinking about Jonathan's deal. She knew it would be an easy way to get her magic back, but she had to take the risk of maybe raising Lilith after they had just gotten rid of her.
"

It's not you, they just don't see a lot of warlocks in here." Alec's voice cuts through her thoughts and she had noticed that both him and Magnus had sat down next to her.

"I can see why." Magnus says as he picks up the pancake before using his magic to change it. Alec sighs as he looks towards Adelaide instead.

"Hey." Alec nudges her, seeing that she was kind of out of it. "You okay?" He asks concerned and she only puts a smile on her face, nodding her head.

"Yeah." She mumbles as she looks towards Isabelle. Jace glances at them, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What was that look?" Jace asks them and Adelaide only looks towards him.

"What look?" She asks, playing dumb and Jace only narrows his eyes at the girl.

"You and Izzy exchanged a look." He points out and Adelaide shakes her head, moving her eyes down to her food in order to avoid eye contact with Jace.

"No, we didn't." Adelaide denied and Jace was not just letting it go. He could tell that she was keeping something from them, he just didn't know what.

"Yeah, you did."

"It's nothing."

"Adelaide." Alec's voice was soft, he didn't want to pressure her but she could feel everyone's eyes. Adelaide let's out a sigh as she clenches her jaw. She knew they would find out eventually.