•Never The Same•

Vaemrys stood still with the stains of dry tears on her cheeks. She felt her heart burn with sadness and anger. Her breathing was rapid. Rhaenyra was silent and stiff next to her. Daemon tried to give rhaenyra assurance that she could do it but she was breaking down with each word he said. Vaemrys looked at her sister,she stepped up and so did Ragïr. Vaemrys had to be the responsible, reliable, and brave sister, her strong voice rung through the air. "Dracarys!", she said loudly. Ragïr made his way down the mountain and burnt the bodies of her mother and stillborn brother.  She didn't close her eyes or flinch at the heat, she watched with honor and pride. After, she looked at her father. He wouldn't, no, he couldn't dare look into his daughters eyes. She knew he sacrificed her mother all for son and that fact he could not deny.

"I hope he is happy that he has finally gotten a son",Vaemrys said loud enough for Daemon and rhaenyra to hear, they both looked at her. She would whisper or mumble her thoughts but this was the first time she ever said them clearly out loud. Rhaenyra watched her sister walk up to Ragïr. Vaemrys stopped walking half way. "was it worth the wait, father?", she asked softly. She looked over to her father who looked down.

Daemon stood with Aegar and Vaemron at his side.

Ragïr and Vaemrys shot up into the grey clouds. He knew she needed space and time. Viserys had to turn around, he couldn't keep the tears in. Rhaenyra looked in at the skys she could hear the screams and wails of her sister in the distance. Vaemrys blamed herself, if only she had gotten up to find out what was going on, she could have saved her mother from her fool of a father and now she'd have to stay in kings landing. She couldn't leave her sister alone there, who knows what decisions their father would make for her. He would always listen to Vaemrys input, she could stop any harsh ideas forming for rhaenyra.
->
It had been a few days after the funeral and Vaemrys had locked herself up in her room. She would go outside for the sake of her sons, to the garden. After putting Aegar and Vaemron to bed, she walked the halls. She had passed her fathers room but heard alicents voice.

"When my mother died, people only ever spoke to me in riddles. All I wanted was for someone to say that they were sorry for what happened to me.", Alicent said. Vaemrys tightened her fists, otto put her up to this. In her fathers chambers? Did rhaenyra know about this? Vaemrys walked away, Alicent wants to gain his trust through Sympathy. As if she cared.

Vaemrys stopped and looked around. Sympathy, where was Daemon in her time of need?

——>
Vaemrys had heard the news and rumors of what Daemon had said last night. "Heir for a day", he had styled her dead brother. Where was his mind? All this time, she thought he was on her side. She was spiraling, all day she laid in bed. She let Aegar and vaemron leave the room by themselves for once. She didn't want to drag them down with her.

Soon, they came back. "Mother?", Aegar whispered. "Yes?", she answered. Her back toward the two children and the front of her body facing the dark night sky. "Grandsire, says, you, are...heir", he gasped out. It seemed like he had run miles to get to the room. Vaemrys turned over quickly. Vaemron nodded quickly as a witness. "I'm the heir to the iron throne?", she asked them. Aegar looked confused. Vaemron shrugged. "What is that? ", vaemron asked. "Father no heir, mommy heir", aegar explained. "Queen no king", vaemron patted his brothers arm as if He was breaking news to Aegar.
->
Daemon was no longer heir to the Iron Throne.