(10) 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I'll believe it when I see it." Alec responds with a smile as he leans down to press a kiss to her lips.

Adelaide sighs as she feels Alec's weight lift off from the bed. Bringing her hands to her head, she runs her fingers through her hair. Her eyes follow Alec as he walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Was Adelaide glad that Clary was alive? Yes. Did she feel like there was a catch to it? Also yes. But what else was she going to do than run into danger yet again.

Lifting her hands, she stares at them for a moment, as if hoping that a glimpse of her magic would appear. But much to her luck, nothing happened. Adelaide bites the inside of her cheek, letting her hands drop against the bed. She didn't know if she was ever going to get her magic back.

All she really could do, was have hope.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC AND ADELAIDE MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN TABLE WHERE LUKE AND JACE WERE ALREADY WAITING. Alec nods his head at jace, telling him to start debriefing them. "We confirmed the apartment jumped again earlier this morning." Jace tells the man who just stops next to him, listening to what they were saying.

"And we have reason to believe Clary was in it." Luke adds and Adelaide sighs a little bit. She was glad that Clary was alive but if she was alive and the apartment moved, then it was probably safe to say that Jonathan was too.

"The problem is she could be anywhere." Jace points out.

"Well, not anywhere." Magnus pipes up as he walks into the room. Everyone glances over at him.

"What do you mean?" Alec asks him as he furrows his eyebrows.

"Inter-dimensional domiciles run along ley line grids. Based on the apartment size and power, there are only a handful of habitable regions with grid junctions large enough to support it." Magnus explains to them as he stands next to Adelaide. Alec nods his head, taking that into consideration.

"Let's get a list of all places that fit the profile. Check any nearby institutes for unusual activity." Alec tells them before his eyes move over to Magnus. "Magnus, you must have some international warlock friends who can keep an eye out for us?" He questions and Magnus just squints at him.

"That's an understatement." Adelaide says and Magnus gives her a playful scold.

"Well, I'm not one to name drop but I'll make a few calls." Magnus tells them before walking away from the table.

"Even if we check all these places, it's still like finding a needle in a haystack." Luke points out with a sigh as it was still going to be hard to find Clary, even with a lot of eyes on the streets.

"We'd better start now." Jace states as he glanced around. "Hey, were gonna find her." He assures Luke and Adelaide only rubs her face. He couldn't really promise that at all.

"Let's hope so." Adelaide mumbles before heading over to her father who was on the other side of the room, documenting something. "Hey." She says, catching his attention and Dean just glanced at her.

"Hey, kid." Dean replies before going back to what he was doing.

"I just wanted to apologize for snapping at you yesterday." Adelaide says as she knew she was a little bit out of line with everyone.