(8) 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Hey, if I can let Magnus do some spell on you, then I can go get Jace." He points out as both of them were making sacrifices. Adelaide squints her eyes as she clenches her jaw.

"That's not the same thing." Adelaide was worried for Alec and her stomach would twist until she knew Alec was safe. Alec only raises an eyebrow at her.

"What's the risk with the spell?" Alec questions and Adelaide stays silent, glancing down at the ground. "Exactly." He says and she only sighs, fiddling with her fingers. "Hey." Alec nudges her chin up to bring her gaze back to his. She just looks up at him, biting the inside of her cheek. "I'll come back to you." He promises with a smile and she only pouts but nods her head. Alec rests his forehead against hers before connecting their lips. Adelaide sighs as she brings her hand up to his jaw, deepening the kiss. Alec brings her closer to him, his fingers rubbing at her hips. The kiss grows in intensity as Adelaide grips at his shirt.

"Okay, you two need to learn what short and sweet means." Magnus says, interrupting them. Alec sighs as he turns to the warlock, a glare set in his eyes but Magnus only gives a smirk before walking out of the room.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

AS THEY MAKE THEIR WAY BACK INTO THE LIVING ROOM, Jace glances at them with a smirk playing on his lips. "What are the choices I can get a beer in here?" He asks as he tilts his head. Alec only rolls his eyes as he didn't have time for the annoyance that the man caused.

"None."  Alec replies bluntly and Jace only smirks, raising an eyebrow at the parabatai.

"You guys were always the smart ones of the family. You really think you can save Jace from Lilith?" He asks but they all just ignore the man. Magnus stops next to them, sighing slightly.

"I don't know how long I can hold the connection. So, find Jace as soon as possible." Magnus tells them and both Isabelle and Alec nod their heads. Adelaide takes both of their hands, giving them a squeeze.

"And come back. Both of you." Adelaide says sternly as she was not about to lose either of them along with Jace. It seemed Jace saw an opportunity because he opens his mouth yet again.

"Why do you want to save Jace?" He asks her with a smirk on his face and Adelaide just squints her eyes. "He's your main competition. You may save your bed with him but if your precious Alec, could only have one of us, who do you think he'd pick?" Jace asks, laughing as he tilts his head. Adelaide just stared back at him, not letting herself be affected.

"Shut up." Alec snaps at him and Jace only looks at him smugly, knowing he got under his skin.

"He's just trying to distract us. Focus." Magnus tells them as it was obvious that the blonde was trying to anger them.

"Yeah, whatever you do, don't lose-"  Jace is cut off when Magnus grabs his hand on order to start the spell. Magnus uses magic against Jace and then starts to do it towards everyone. But Jace only scoffs, smirking lightly.

"You know he's right, focus is key."  Jace states before reaching out to touch the forcefield. It causes a surge before Jace falls back, passing out. Magnus let's go of everyone, looking towards the blonde.