(6) 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't." He replies but he wouldn't even look at her, just keeping his eyes on the ground.

"I clearly saw you." Adelaide says as she glares at him, a scoff leaving her lips.

"It's not-" She couldn't believe he was trying to use the oldest excuse in the book.

"Its not, what? You know what it is? An invasion of privacy." Adelaide points out as she couldn't believe he would be so cheap and annoying.

"Maybe if you actually told me what was going on, I wouldn't have to go on your phone." Alec retorts as he crosses his arms against his chest. Adelaide only scoffs as she walks over to him, glaring at the man.

"What exactly do you think I'm keeping from you?" Adelaide asks as she simply didn't know why he decided to go through her phone all of a sudden.

"You tell me. It seems like a lot these days." He tells her and she only rolls her eyes at him.

"I'm just researching greater demons because of what happened to the ley lines, we still never found the one that did it." Adelaide tells him, part of it was that reason, but another part was because she wanted to be sure that she was right about the greater demon in her head. She didn't want to make Alec worried, that's why she was keeping it from him.

"Then why were you so secretive?" Alec questions and Adelaide groans, leaning her head back.

"Maybe cause I don't have to tell you every single little thing that I do." She sneers at him, she didn't have to tell him every little detail of her life and what she did even if they were together.

"But you're supposed to trust me." Alec says and Adelaide thought that was a bit hypocritacal after what he had just done.

"And I do!" She snaps at him as she grabs the phone off of the nightstand. Alec glanced down at his feet, fiddling with his fingers. "But apparently you don't trust me." Adelaide points out as she walks towards the door but he grabs her hand, pulling her to a halt.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have went through your phone." Alec apologizes but she only moves her hand out of his grasp. He furrows his eyebrows as he stares down at her. "I said I'm sorry." He says yet again but she only rolls her eyes, glancing up at him.

"Those words don't always fix things." Adelaide responds and Alec only clenches his jaw, looking down at his hands before he takes a step towards her. She squints her eyes as he places a kiss on her cheek. "What are you doing?" She asks, curious to see what his plan was.

"I'm sorry." He admits as he presses a kiss to her lips. Adelaide sighs as he moves down to her neck. "I'm sorry." Alec says once again as he places a soft kiss to her skin. Adelaide bites her bottom lip as she brings her hand to the base of his neck. "I'm sorry." He whispers as he presses yet another kiss on her neck. Adelaide couldn't help the hint of a smile that formed as she felt his lips and heard his whispers in her ear. But that wasn't all that she was hearing.

Kill him. Do it. Kill him, you know you want to. Adelaide only tenses, her eyes moving to his neck where her hand was. She tightens her grip just slightly, her eyes dropping all emotion for a moment. Alec moves his hand to her waist as he squeezes it, his lips moving over the nape of her neck. Adelaide blinks a few times, her eyes widening for a moment.