•Your Choice•

Start from the beginning

"Daughter, what is wrong?", he asked with worry. He looked down at the sick she had gave out and rubbed her back. Daemon was on the other side of her. He didn't say a thing, she looked up into his eyes and she nodded. They didn't need to talk, they could understand each other easily just by looking at one another.

"She is with child", daemon said and looked over to viserys slowly. Viserys looked at Vaemrys and looked away. "With who's child?", he asked. He knew, he just wanted to see if Vaemrys would say what he thought she would. "My Child", she responded, out of breath. Rhaenyra stood with vaemron and Aegar in the door way. "Come", Vaemrys said and covered her mouth. "No no, they can stay with me and Alicent. Please, take your time, sister. We will all go to the tourney as planned?", rhaenyra asked. "I'm sure, Vaemrys will make it", viserys nodded.

"Another grandson!", he smiled. He always made the times that were not appropriate or expectingly unfortunate,Joyful. He would celebrate his daughter and her child that will be brought into this world regardless of who the father is.

" I will walk her back to her chambers", daemon said. Otto had slithered in next to viserys and held a look of judgment. "Your grace, is that wise?", he asked. "Why wouldn't it be?", viserys challenged. "wouldn't be best if a maid was sent to her chambers instead of her uncle?", otto question again quietly. "I only trust few people, Daemon is one of them", Vaemrys said. Daemon placed his hand on Vaemrys lower back to help her stand up straight.

She felt dizzy and everything around her started spinning.

—>
"All she needs is rest, it's peculiar how she's responding so early but im completely sure she will sustain", the maester said. Vaemrys eyes fluttered open and Daemon sent the maester out. "Vaemrys?", he called out to her. She looked down at him, he was leaned down by her bedside. "Taobi", she panicked. "They are with rhaenyra, everyone is getting ready for the tourney", he alarmed. "I should be leaving very soon", he said gently. "I will attend", Vaemrys sat up slowly. He watched and nodded. "Do not strain", he whispered and kissed her softly.
->
Vaemrys took her seat between rhaenyra and her sons. Alicents eyes seemed to wonder over to Vaemrys every few seconds.

"I know many of you have traveled long leaves to be at these games but I promise you will not be disappointed, when I look at the fine knights in these lists. I see a group without equal in our histories and this great day, has been made more auspicious by the news that I am happy to share. Queen Aemma has begun her labors! May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!", Viserys announced to the crowd. 

The tourney had begun and so did the fighting. Vaemrys instead felt very envious of how openly men could fight or duel. Daemon was the one who had taught her how to fight and use a sword. Every day after she could pick a wooden sword up, he had practiced with her. He even let her use Dark Sister against him. She knew a lot about sword fighting, something no one knew about her. Even her own sister, whom Vaemrys tells everything to.

The first round was over and we all started hearing about a "house cole". "A mystery knight?", rhaenyra questioned. "No, a cole, of the storm lands", Alicent responded. "Never heard of house cole", Vaemrys said. "Neither have I", rhaenyra said. "Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, I would humbly ask for the favor, the queen who never was", a Baratheon cousin of Rhaenys stated. "Good fortune to you cousin", Rhaenys dropped the symbol of her favor down.

Vaemrys was about to stand up but rhaenyra kept her down. " I'd have his head on a spike..." Vaemrys whispered. Rhaenyra kept her hands on her sisters shoulders. "I feel the same way, sister".

"I would gladly take it if I thought I needed it", he said confidently. Vaemrys eyebrows arched. She hated when people didn't show respect to her family members, as if they could speak to them in such manner. She indeed loves her father very much but he does let things go very easily and many get enough confidence to go so far with insults.

"You could have Baratheons tongue for that", otto said to viserys. One thing that Vaemrys would agree on with otto. "Tongues will not change the succession. Let them wag", viserys responded. The drums began to play once again. Rhaenyra leaned over to Alicent, "lord stokewards daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire.", "lord masseys son?", Alicent questioned. "Mhm", rhaenyra confirmed. "They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood.", she continued. "Best get on with it", Alicent said. "I heard that lady elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress", Alicent gossiped. Rhaenyra seemed to be caught off guard. That left Vaemrys with a feeling of nervousness.

Baratheon had lost. Vaemrys knew that he would, it's not a good idea to underestimate your opponent. Viserys clapped loudly. Even her father knew. "What do you know about this ser criston cole, ser harrold?", rhaenyra asked. "I'm told ser criston is common born, son of lord dondarrions steward but other than that, and the fact that he's just unhorsed, both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say.", ser harrold informed her.

Vaemrys smiled when she saw the crest of house targaryen.

"Prince Daemon of House Targaryen, Prince of the City,  will now choose his first opponent!", Master of Revels announced. The crowd cheered and daemon circled the line of men. Rhaenyra giggled while Viserys held a warm smile to his brother. Daemon pointed to ottos son.

"For his first challenge, prince Daemon Targaryen chooses ser gwayne Hightower of Old town, eldest son of the hand of the king", The Master of Revels Yelled out. Everyone looked down or around otto or shifted in their chairs but Vaemrys sat with her palm under her chin, smirking. Yes, she was seen as the beautiful, kind, and elegant princess though she held a darkness that no one noticed unless they watched her really closely throughout the day.

The drums played. "Five dragons on daemon...", Vaemrys heard a bet and paid no attention to it. Otto stared down at the event with anger, though Vaemrys could see the worry he so desperately tried to hide. Daemon kicked the horse into action, he had been struck but he was still sat on the horse. The next round began, daemon tripped the horse and caused ser gwayne to fall down to the ground. Alicent gasped and covered her mouth. Part of that was for Daemon and his hatred and annoyance for otto and for Vaemrys, whom otto talked so lowly of behind closed doors or so he thought doors that were closed.

Daemon rode up and rhaenyrs stood up and walked over. "Nicely done, uncle", she complimented. "Thank you, princess", he replied. "Now I'm fairly certain I can win these games, Lady alicent. Having your favor would all but assure it.", he said smoothly. Everyone watched her pick up the favor and give it to Daemon. Vaemrys crossed her legs and held her hand out over to Aegar. Vaemron got up and sat next to Aegar in the same chair. The main thought Vaemrys had was 'Why would Alicent give the one who hurt her brother, her favor?'To show calmness or loyalty surely.

Vaemrys looked back to her father and it seemed everyone knew something she didn't, for once, she let it go. Usually, she'd try to go and find out no matter what but today she was feeling calm. Maybe it was the news of her pregnancy. Vaemron closed his eyes to keep away from the violence of the tourney but Aegar sat wide eyed and entertained by it.

After it all, Criston cole was on the ground and Daemon turned to the crowd and celebrated. Not having seen criston get up and clash daemons armor to make him fall. Vaemrys sat up with a worried expression. She watched Daemon surrender. It was better than him actually getting hurt at all. Rhaenyra and Alicent both stood up to see see criston. Vaemrys saw otto come back alone.

She watched everyone stand up and whisper. They all looked at Vaemrys and Rhaenyra, who had just noticed her surroundings. The sisters looked at each other and Vaemrys tilted her head away and tears started brimming her eyes. Everyone's faces held sadness or pity on the two. Otto came over to them, "

"queen Aemma has passed"