The Winner

Oh Yoon-Hee knew that she won.

She was the real winner.

However, the Cheong-A Arts Festival emcee announced that Cheon Seo-Jin won first place in the opera singing contest.

Oh Yoon-Hee couldn't believe what she was hearing.

However, like it's said, seeing is believing.

And this was what she was seeing:

Cheon Seo-Jin in estatic delight, bowing at the applauding crowd, and triumphantly receiving the angel-shaped golden trophy of Cheong-A Arts High School.

What did she expect? That she'll win? Oh Yoon-Hee thought bitterly. Cheon Seo-Jin's father is the head of the school! Of course, Cheon Seo-Jin will be the one to win! Regardless of her surpassing talent and skill. After all, she's just a regular student there, and a poor one too, compared to Cheon Seo-Jin, who had everything in the world.

Oh Yoon-Hee fought the angry tears forming in her eyes and just looked at the crowd instead.

Her anger and hurt were replaced with surprise--her boyfriend Ha Yoon-Chul was there, with eyes only on her.

He held a single red rose in one hand, which he was pointing to her direction, as if she could already get it.

She chuckled because of his gesture. She also knew he couldn't afford a bouquet, but that was still sweet of him. And somehow comforting.

And he made it to the contest! She thought that he wouldn't be able to, but he was there.

And even at that moment, where she was robbed of her victory, that's what all that mattered.

Cheon Seo-Jin didn't have everything. She, Oh Yoon-Hee, did.