(2) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Alec!" She scolds as she looks at him with a shocked expression on her face. "Look, I get that it's Adelaide and I get that you care about her, but we haven't seen this before. We have to do some research, it's not all on Magnus." Isabelle explains to him, her voice firm as she wasn't about to let Alec pin everything on the warlock. Alec lets out a sigh, knowing that they were right. His eyes go to Magnus, his face showing a softer expression now.

"You're right, Im sorry Magnus.. I didn't mean-" Alec starts to apologize but Magnus only cuts him off.

"We're all on edge, I understand." Magnus says, shaking his head as he didn't need the man's apology. All he needed was to help adelaide. That's all he cared about.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

SHE FELT A HAND ON HER SHOULDER AS SHE STARED AT THE TABLET IN HER HAND. Adelaide had taken a shower and honestly felt much better which is why she was in the main room of the institute, trying to keep her mind busy. She glanced to the side, seeing Alec standing there with a stern look on his face. "You should be resting." He says in a scolding tone, his hand moving to the tablet to take it way from her but she only holds it out of his reach.

"I'm fully healed and I'm fine." Adelaide retorts as she looks back down at the tablet. Alec only sighs as he leans down to her ear as he didn't want anybody eavesdropping on their conversation.

"You heard voices in your head, that's not fine." Alec tells her and she only looks back at him, their faces now mere inches apart as she raises an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I'm just getting my mind off of it." Adelaide says as she places the tablet down, obviously not going to be able to do anything with Alec breathing down her neck.

"I agree with Alec -" Magnus starts to say, catching Adelaide's attention as she didn't even realize that he was also there. She looks over at him with a sharp glare, scoffing lightly.

"You don't get an opinion." Adelaide cuts him off, crossing her arms against her chest as Magnus only sighs. "Shouldn't you be off, telling all your warlocks what to do?" She asks with a raise of an eyebrow but Magnus only frowns.

"I've actually been dismissed as the high warlock." Magnus answers her and Adelaide wanted to feel bad for him but he did it to himself. He only had himself to blame for losing that title.

"I guess it serves you right for helping the seelie queen." Adelaide replies with a shrug of her shoulders. Alec didn't seem to like her attitude so he decided to intervene in their conversation.

"He helped you this morning and he is still helping you now, the least you can do is thank him." Alec explains to her but she only places a hand on her hip, keeping her mouth pressed firmly shut. Alec only shakes his head, letting out a huff as he grabs her hand. "Look at this." He tells her as he holds up her hand to show her fingertips that were still black. "You're gonna tell me this is fine?" Alec asks, his voice showing frustration as he glares down at her.

"Let go of me." Adelaide sneers as she pulls her hand away from him before flickering her eyes between the pair. "If you want to pick his side, fine. What do I care?" She asks before stalking away making Alec sigh, bringing his hand up to rub his face.