(1) 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Call Magnus. Get him here now." Adelaide furrows her eyebrows, another soft breath leaving her as she feels someone lean close to her, she could see their hands rubbing her shoulders but she couldn't feel a thing.

"You're gonna be okay." Adelaide felt her eyes slowly begin to close.  One last breath leaves her lips before her head turns to the side, slipping back into the unconscious world.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

MAGNUS SITS BY ADELAIDE'S SIDE AS HE WATCHES THE GIRLS EYES OPEN SLOWLY. He had taken her back to his apartment because at least then he had the ingredients to make a potion if needed. He smiles down at her, his hand holding hers as Alec stood near the wall. "Hey, buttercup." Magnus says softly as he glanced at her. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she looks around the room. "You're awake." He says as he brings his hand up to stroke her cheek. Adelaide just brushes it off, her face full of confusion.

"What happened?" Adelaide asks, her voice weak as she felt her breathing increase a little bit.

"You collapsed in your bedroom. You're alright now but I want to keep you here just until you feel back at your full strength." Magnus explains to her and she only stares back up at him, looking a bit out of it. "Adelaide, can you hear me?" He asks as the girl didn't seem to comprehend what he just said. Adelaide only slightly nods her head but her eyebrows were still furrowed.

"Yeah." She mutters as her eyes close for a moment.

"I don't think she's fully aware yet." Magnus says as he could tell how weak she was but she shouldn't be like this. She shouldn't have passed out the way that she did.

"Is it because of Idris?" Alec asks as he crosses his arms against his chest. He knew that using her magic in Idris is what made her weak, so weak that valentine had almost killed her.

"No, I don't think Idris has anything to do with it." Magnus denies as he furrows his eyebrows, looking over Adelaide once more. The girl wouldn't be affected like this, it seemed that during her time of vulnerability after Valentine, something else had occurred.

"Warlocks can't use their powers there though." Alec points out but Magnus just shakes his head, putting his hand on her forehead as the girl groans, her eyes fluttering up slowly.

"I think it's something much worse than just Idris." Magnus says as he meets the girls eyes, offering a comforting smile. "Sweetheart?" He asks, wondering if she actually recognized him now. Adelaide only goes to sit up, but Magnus holds her shoulders down. "You just rest here, everything is going to be okay." He tells her but she only glances around the room.

"Where's Jace?" Adelaide asks, her eyes widening with fear as she stared back at Valentine. Magnus only looks at her confused, his head turning to Alec.

"Jace is at the institute, why?" Alec asks as he watches the girls breathing start to get heavier. Adelaide gets a flash of Jace being stabbed, his heart stopping, his eyes closing. Adelaide pushes herself away from Magnus making the man stand up.

"What did you do to him?" Adelaide asks, anger in her eyes making Magnus furrow his eyebrows. He had no idea what she was talking about. She just glares back at the man who had killed her best friend.

"Adelaide, it's Magnus." Magnus says, meeting her eyes but her expression didn't change once. "Look at me, you're alright." He states as he was trying to calm her down. He reaches his hand to hers but she only rips her arm away from him.