𝔵. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨 𝔲𝔭

the break up

           RAVEN AND NOAH SAT TOGETHER DURING LUNCH, BROOKE AND PEYTON JOINED them along with his friends

RAVEN AND NOAH SAT TOGETHER DURING LUNCH, BROOKE AND PEYTON JOINED them along with his friends. It was a rare occasion of their friend group to hang out. Alycia and Kayla weren't really friends with the girls, and Ian didn't mind. Kayla and Peyton weren't friendly either, especially after Nate and Peyton started dating, when Kayla and Nate had a thing, unaware to Peyton. It was a very confused and awkward time, it still kinda is.

Brooke's party girl persona rubbed Alycia the wrong way, it could also be the fact that Brooke made out with a guys Alycia was talking to. But Brooke was drunk, and the guy was the one with the commitment, not her. The guy, Dan, took advantage of Brooke's drunk state, Peyton and Raven had pulled him off of her. Raven didn't ask them to hang out with Noah's friends often, she knew how weird and uncomfortable it could be. Noah knew how uncomfortable it was, after the first time they all hang out, that time Nate and Tim were with them. Ian didn't mind it he often found the humor in it, making certain comments making himself laugh.

Today, Ravens friends joined the couple first, and Ian sat down after them, Kayla and Alycia joined them at last. Brooke took some of Ravens food, "dad made this?" Brooke asks and Raven nods. "Tell him he's my favorite." She says. Truthfully, Brooke adored Will King, he was a parental figure she didn't know she needed, he often looked out for Peyton and Brooke, knowing they were left unsupervised. 

Raven smiles saying, "I will."

Across the quad, on another table, Benny sat with Harry, Lucas, and Haley. Benny held a conversation with Haley and he looks up seeing Raven looking at him. She realizes the two made eye contact and she smiles at him sending him a small wave. He smiles back at her sending a small wave her way. Haley giving him her undivided attention took notice of it, seeing the small interact. Noah even took notice of it, he smiled, he likes Benny, from the stories Harry has told him.

RAVEN'S MOTHER OFTEN SPOKE OF A LOVE THAT COMES WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT it, that's how it was with Maria and William. How it happened to a lot of Maria's friends, some of them did seek love, and did find it, but Raven grew up hearing about the love that finds you. And she romanticized it, and hoped she got to experience it herself, seeing how happy her parents were. Part of her, deep down knew that high school relationships don't last, high school sweethearts don't stay together for long, it isn't the norm. She didn't want that to be them, she wanted them to be the exception.

Now here she stood before the boy she loves, terrified out of her mind, of where the argument would lead them. After forgetting about them hanging out at his house, and his friends were downstairs in the living room.

"Is this it?" Noah asks her softly, his tears filled eyes couldn't look at her in her eyes. He was scared to look at her and break down crying, he could see the tears that escaped. She didn't even wipe away the tears.