#𝟭𝟵 the last time

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you stayed." Ryker whispered when Finn pulled out of her arms and placed a kiss on her forehead, smiling down at the girl. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah. I woke up a few minutes ago." Finn laid flat on his back, looking at the ceiling as he felt Ryker curl against his chest. He twirled her hair between his fingers, trailing them down her back slowly and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "We have to get to work."

"I know." She sighed heavily and sat up, kneeling in front of the boy and sitting on her heels as she pushed her hair out of her face. "I'm just...nervous about telling people."

"So, we'll wait until you're ready." He promised, watching Ryker put her face in her hands. "We'll go at your pace. We don't need to tell anybody yet."

"I know, but...Millie's doing our annual cast sleepover at my house. What if they get suspicious of us being around each other?" Ryker rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes, running her fingers through her hair mindlessly as she sighed, looking over at Finn who was smiling, twisting the slim strap of her tank top between his fingers. "I don't wanna keep such a big secret from them."

"Don't they always?" Finn chuckled, rubbing her back gently, gliding his fingers down her spine with a delicate touch of his cold fingertips, feeling her shiver under his touch. "Besides, it's not a secret if everybody pretty much already knows we're in love with each other."

"Well, yeah, but it's different now." Ryker sighed and looked down at Finn who stared lovingly at her, trailing his fingers from her shoulder to her collarbone.

"Different how?" He sat up, resting himself on his elbows. "Cause it's official now?"

"Oh, is it?" She raised an eyebrow at the boy, leaning closer to him. "Is it official? Cause I don't recall you saying anything."

Finn shook his head with a playful eye roll as he sat up, meeting her eye level. He stared into her eyes for a moment, taking in every little feature.

Her soft eyes staring into his, her delicate skin against his, the way she was so close he could feel her body heat radiating onto him, though her body was cold to the touch. His hand slowly lifted to her cheek and he pulled her closer, kissing her.

He pulled her in by her waist unexpectedly, which made the girl laugh, her laughing being contagious as he began giggling himself. He pulled her closer by her cheek, kissing her as he held onto her right hip, smiling into the kiss before he pulled away and looked at the girl who felt the blood rush into her cheeks, her face turning a shade of scarlet.

She hugged him tightly, burying her face into his neck and pressed a small kiss behind his ear as she cuddled into him like that for a few minutes. Pure silence drowned out by the sound of their hearts rapidly beating.

Finn ran his fingers through Rykers hair as she placed a kiss to his shoulder. The two knew they had to be up and ready for work, but they couldn't get enough of each other.

"If last night wasn't obvious, then let me make it obvious." Finn broke the comfortable silence the two sat in, taking in each other's love and presence. "I love you."

Ryker blushed and buried her face into the crook of his neck, whispering a small 'Stop' But she was unsure if she should say the words back to him after the first time it went downhill for her.

What if he leaves this time, just like the last?

"I'm serious!" He chuckled as he watched her lean up, resting on her elbow as she looked down at him. "I love you."

She lightly kissed him and pushed herself out of bed,
"We have to get to work."

Finn sat there, stunned by her avoidance. Confused at her actions. But he pushed those thoughts away and got himself out of bed as well.

Ryker slipped Finn's hoodie over her head and approached her vanity with a heavy sigh, wiping her excess eyeliner off that she had fallen asleep in.

"Are you still worried about work?" He questioned Ryker who stood at her vanity, putting all the makeup she left on it from yesterday back in its rightful drawers.

"I'm not worried about work." She said as she closed a drawer with too much aggression and turned around to look at him. "I just...I don't want this time to be anything like the last time, okay? I'm scared."

Finn looked at Ryker with sympathetic eyes, smiling at her softly before he wrapped his arms around her gently.

"I'm so happy to be with you. I swear, Im not gonna do anything to jeopardize our relationship this time." Finn promised. "I know you said no promises, but I'm serious. I won't go anywhere this time. I'm not losing you again."

She smiled and nodded, resting her head against his chest and hugged him tightly. "I don't wanna lose you again."

"You won't. I can assure you." Finn stated with a smile. "I'm staying as long as you want me to."

"That means I can throw you out whenever?" Ryker joked to lighten the mood, leaning up and kissing his lips softly.

"Now, I never said that." He joked, kissing her back as he grabbed her hand and linked their pinkies. "We have to go now. We're late."

"Let's go." She smiled softly, Finn grabbing her hand and walking with her out of her bedroom door.

"Are your parents here?"

"Nope. But my brothers will be flying in next week." Ryker said in excitement as she walked down the stairs to the front door with Finn on her trail. "Mom and Dad won't be here."

"Ah, okay." He nodded and opened the front door for her, letting her walk out and turn around to lock it. "You ready to get to work and let everybody interrogate us?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

AUTHORS NOTE
double update cause i have too many drafts