Clara POV

We spent the day getting everything I needed for Hogwarts, books, a pet cat that I named Duchess. Some sweaters and shoes along with a sticker for my trunk.

We stayed the night at the little wizard hotel called the "Leaky cauldron" it's nice and I have my own room next to my parents.

*Meow*
I looked up and smiled seeing Duchess trying to open her carrier which is a vintage leather one.
"Wanna come out kitty?" I got up from the bed and opened the door and petted her white fur.
"I got you a present earlier today." I set her down and pulled out a purple sparkly collar with her name on a little heart tag.
*Meows happily*
I smiled and put it on her after she bounced on the bed happily.

"Clara ready to go down for dinner love?"
"Sure mom." I put on my zip up hoodie and went downstairs with my mom and dad.
We got a table and ordered dinner,
I got mystical meatballs with spaghetti and a sparkly Shirley temple.
I gather it's muggle food with a spell or something.
"So nervous scale 1 to 10?" Dad asked sipping his butter beer.
"8 and a half."
"Excited scale?"
I smiled "Humm...9 but I'm wondering..."
"What is it?"
"What if I'm not in Gryffindor?"
"Then you'll be something else." Mom said sweetly.
"You mean you won't be mad or anything?"
"Of course not my love. We will always love you no matter what. But if you're put in Slytherin I may have to oblivate myself."
I laughed and hugged my dad.
"She's too sweet to be a Slytherin babe so I think we're good."
"Yeah besides I don't even like green."
"Perfect."

After dinner we went to my room and packed up my trunk and backpack with everything I need.

Next day I woke up with the sun and duchess in my face as if saying "Good morning time for a new adventure!"
Time for Hogwarts.
I got dressed in jeans and a shirt with my favorite flannel shirt.
I did my hair in a half up braid and brought my stuff downstairs to the Taxi.

We took the taxi to the train station and walked till we found platform 9 3/4.
How there's half a platform I have no idea.
"Dad where even is 9 3/4? There's nine then ten that's it."
"Darling you're going to magic school remember so every bit is magical."
Dad said stopping at a wall and backed up a few feet.
"What are you doing babe?" Mom asked from next to me equally confused.
"Watch and copy ladies." He flashed a mischievous smile and ran through the wall.
"What?" I looked at my mom.
"Magic wall apparently."
"Your school didn't have a wall, we just walked through a hollow tree."
"Well we're in the City so let's go." She smiled and held the cart with me and we ran through the wall and came out on a train platform where a beautiful vintage red and black train sits.
"Whoa..."
"Pretty impressive huh?" Dad said coming over.
"It's crazy. How long is the train ride?" I asked as we walked.
"All day and there are snacks."
"Awesome...ok where do I sit?"
"Anywhere and you'll probably have people join you so I suggest you talk to them and maybe even make some friends."
"Ew socializing."
Mom laughed as dad picked up my trunk handing it to the conductor who puts it with the rest of them.
"Your backpack miss?"
I held my strap. "I'll keep it with me."
He gave a kind smile as we walked to a door.
"Ok...so I just pick any of them?"
"Yeah pretty much." Dad said opening some doors.
I walked a little ways and opened one.
"This is a nice one." I went in a put Duchess down in her carrier and my bag on the seat.
"Yeah it is and you'll get a great view."
I smiled looking out the window and sees kids coming on, some with their parents some without.
"You ok love?"
I turned and hugged my dad tightly.
"Oh sweets." He held me. "I know you're nervous but this is going to be great, you're going to learn so much and make great friends."
"It's still scary."
"That means it's going to be amazing." Mom said as she pet my hair.
I breathed and hugged my mom.
"We love you and this will be amazing my Angel."

We said our goodbyes and they got off the train as I settled in for the trip.

The train took off at 11 am on the first chime.
I sat down and petted Duchess through her carrier as we chugged into the country.
I was just staring into space when a little boy with an overbite and funky sweater came in.
"Uh hi, I was wondering if I could share with you...or I can go."
"No you can stay." I smiled and gestured to the seat across from me.
He smiled and sat down and pulled a toad out of his pocket.
"Hi little guy." I smiled seeing the little amphibian.
"You like toads?"
"I love all animals."
"That's awesome, the last compartment I was in they all didn't like Trevor."
"People just don't know how useful little guys like Trevor are."
"Yeah." He smiled and looked at Duchess.
"This is Duchess." I sat and petted her as she laid on my lap.
"She's pretty. I'm Neville." He smiled.
"I'm Clara."
"You're from America?"
"Yeah."
"How?"
"My dad went to Hogwarts and my mom went to Ilvermorny so I got letters from both."
"Wicked."
Next we had a girl with big fluffy hair show up.
"Hello, can I join you two?" She asked looking in.
"Sure come on in."I said scooting over for her to sit.
"Thanks, I'm Hermione Granger."
"I'm Neville Longbottom."
"I'm Clara Andrews...does everyone introduce themselves with their full names here?" I asked looking at them a little confused. I don't know a lot of British rules.
"Sometimes, depending on the person. You're the girl from America aren't you?"
"Is there another?"
"I heard some of the others talking about a girl with an American accent. That must be you."
"Yep...is it a big deal or something?"
"Not many Americans have come to Hogwarts so it's just interesting I think."
I nodded and pet duchess looking out the window and smiled seeing the beautiful countryside.

A few hours later we arrived in a train station in a town called hogsmede where a Giant named Hagrid lead us to row boats where we climbed in darned in our Hogwarts robes to the breathtaking castle known as Hogwarts.