Chapter 8 : Nee - Naan - Natchathiram

Start from the beginning

She settled herself over the bus stop bench and swayed her legs back and forth like that of a kid and in a span of 10 minutes Prabha had been there to pick her.

She hopped on to the bike , all these days she did not hold his shoulders for balance but after all that transpired , she laid her hands comfortably on his shoulders. The wholesome feel was the one she craved for.

Prabha knew Shreya is not the typical one who demands things because she never had things as per her demand , being an orphan was not an easy thing . But seeing the contended smile on her face in his presence was the sign he needed.

" En niruthitinga? " Shreya asked perplexed.

"Ennaku kutitu poganum nu dhan aasai , but unfortunately un veedu vanduruchu " Prabha tried to hide his smile.

"Sorry ! " Awkwardness captured her throat as she got down from the bike.
She turned to go back home but came back again walking towards Prabha leaving him confused.

"Veetuku variyaa ? " Shreya invited Prabha.

For a minute he did not comprehend  but soon understood " Ippa venam Shreya ! Innoru naal " He gently avoided.

" Veetuku vararudhuku naal nachatiram patu dhan varuviya ? "

Prabha was tongue tied , but he really did want to spend more time with Shreya. Not wanting to lose the opportunity he agreed.

Prabha Shreya entered her tiny little world together. He took a look around the house , something about the interiors raised the positive vibes in him.

Shreya's room was simple and elegant , just like her. Being in the room of your loved one is indeed a blessing ?

"En veeda suthi patadhu podhum ! En kuda vanga " Shreya nudged Prabha's shoulder.

"Hey ? Enga kutitu pora ! " Prabha asked impatiently.

Shreya remained silent , she did not answer any of his interrogation. Prabha went non stop like that of a broken tape recorder.

His mouth was tongue tied , when he found  Shreya dragging him to the terrace.

The night sky was a treat to watch .
"Enga motamadi special idhu dhan ! The night is always decorated with Stars and eye watching treat " Shreya spoke as she admired the stars.

The lustrous shine on the stars did not impress the young man standing there on the terrace . The sparkle in the 5 feet human being standing besides him , had made him speechless.

"Altair Vega pathi kelvi paturu kingala ?" Shreya looked up at him.

When she got no answers from Prabha , Shreya continued " Avunga rendu perum stars uh . They were deeply in love but fate had another plans "

Before Shreya could continue Prabha spoke " Ana avunga appa avunga piruchutanga , but every july 7th day Altair and Vega unites just for once in every year "

"Apa unnakuu terium ? " Shreya widened her eyes.

Prabha nodded his head in agreement.

" Na stars ah mei marandhu pakka arambuchadhu ku karnam Altair and Vega dhan " She justified her admiration towards star gazing .

Just when the duo were engrossed in there talks , Prabha found a shooting star pass .

"Hey paru Shooting star " Prabha squealed like a kid.

But what he noticed was how Shreya right away closed her eyes making a wish in her mind.

She opened her eyes , to see him having his gaze fixed on it

" Nambika iruka idhula ? " Prabha wanted to know.

" Shooting star ah pathu, namma manasula edhavudhu nenacha nadakum nu solluvanga ! Yaro oru great person sollirukanga silly things la illa , but namma nambikai la dhan iruku nu " Shreya made him taste his own words.

"Enna nenacha ? I mean enna venum nu keta ? " The curiosity in him did not let him stay in peace

Without thinking twice , Shreya muttered " Nee Venum nu "

Prabha was flabbergasted was indeed an understatement.  In his previous relationships , he was the one who had directly confessed.  For the first time , he realised how it was to hear it from the other end.

" Idhu varaikum , ennaku enna venum venam nu keka yarum irundhdhu illa , Adhunalaye ennaku enna venum nu ennake teriadhu , options kuduta choose panna teriadhu ! " Shreya's words reflected how much she had lost being a child.

He wanted to hear her open up , it's very rare to find her speak to this extent and hence he did not intterupt.

" But ippa en manasuku terium , ennaku terium nee ennaku Venum ! Life before Prabha nu keta ennaku teriadhu but Life after Prabha nu keta I know what it is , nee illa ma ennaku edhuvum seiya mudiyadhu nu illa , ne illama edhuvum panna pudikadhu nu realise pannen ! "

Shreya is as a person not well versed in conveying what she feels because she never had anyone to listen but now she was sure if anything good or bad happens , she would run up to this Human being standing right in front of her.

Prabha only knew how he felt , when he heard her speak her heart out . If he had the boon to freeze the moment , he would have gone for it ! The Prabha who always bursts like cracker , was now silent because of the overwhelming feeling he was going through.

Shreya not waiting for his reply , encircled her hands around his should bladers with tip toeing her legs and hugged him wordlessly. That was all it was for Prabha , his entire nervous system froze, he couldn't move like he was hypnotised

She released herself from the hug and began walking towards the door .

"Oiii "  Prabha called out.

Shreya turned and raised her eyebrows in question.

" Nee pathuku enna ennamo sollitu poita , En badhil ennanu terinjuka venama ? " He wanted to play around with Shreya .

After all he and only he has the liberty to pull her legs.

" Teria venam " That was a sassy reply from Shreya.

" Yen ? Oru vezha no sollita ? " Prabha hid his smile.

" No solla mataa ! " She was clear in her thoughts.

"Adhu eppudi unnaku terium ? " Prabha asked perplexed.

Shreya walked back to him , the distance between them reduced as she went dangerously close.

" Vaai enna venalum sollalam , but kannu onne onnu dhan solludhu ! Unnoda badhil ah na kannu la pathuten " Prabha's heart flipped millions of times hearing her speak.
Shreya and Prabha looked at eachother's eyes . A beat skipped in eachother's heart.
They glistened and were beautiful. Nothing else held significance. It was only the two along with the stars who were the spectators of the love that blossomed between the two.

There will be two epilogues Makkale!

Stay tuned💫

-Minnie & Meenu ❤️