Part 16

Ella's POV

It's been three days since I stitched up my leg. It has started to get infected. I need to find a pharmacy soon. I need to get antibiotics and strong painkillers. Maybe I could find a little bit of weed while I'm at it. I slowly walk into a new town. I walk down the street and soon find a gas station. I knock on the front door and wait. After a moment two zombies run out of the back room. I open the door and quickly kill them. I go inside and to the cooler.

I grab all the water and energy drinks left. I go to the side room and enter the drink cooler. I grab the water that the staff didn't have time to put up. I walk out and grab all the food on the shelfs. I put all of it in my bag. Leaving one small back of chips out. I quickly eat them and drink a bottle of water. I grab all the medication and put that in my bag as well. I walk to the register and grab all the lighters. I walk behind the counter and grab the few knives in the display case.

I then grab a few packs of cigarettes. I open a pack and take one out. I roll it between my fingers as I stare at it. After a moment I grab a lighter and put the cigarette in my mouth. I light it and inhale. I almost cough but luckily don't. I head to the door behind the counter. I knock on the door and wait for a second. After I don't hear anything I open it up. Inside is a pile of blankets. A few pillows and three boxes. There's a window up high to where I could climb out if I need to.

I close and lock the door. I sit my bag down. I kneel next to the boxes and I open the first one. Inside the first box is playboy magazines. I roll my eyes and slide the box away from me. I grab the second box and open it. Inside this one is a few fire starter kits, and a few other survival kits. I grab a few of each, sitting them off to the side for me to put in my bag. I sigh and grab a pen and notebook off the shelf next to me. I quickly write a note.

'-Hello to whomever this is. If you're a good person I hope you survive this. Remember if you are in a life or death situation, do whatever you can to keep yourself safe. Even if that means killing bad people. Inside this box is some survival stuff. They all have instructions on their containers. I hope you stay safe. Sincerely A hopeful stranger.-' I close the box and put the note onto. I then grab the third and last box. I open it and my eyes widen. This box is amazing.