She smiled, "I figured looking presentable would probably turn out to be a good idea." His grin was charming so Caroline had to look away, she didn't need to feel things for him. It was only going to hurt her in the long run.

That night was Damon's game, and Caroline had been dreading it. They were all going to be plastered by the end of the night -except maybe Klaus who seemed to have a tolerance built up or something. She took a seat next to Bonnie and Matt on the couch, making sure that Klaus was seated further away from her than the night before. Instead of choosing to sit in his armchair he joined Kol near the end of the couch opposite Caroline.

"Alright Ladies and Gentlemen," Damon's arms swung out to the sides, showcasing his crowd, "tonight we're going to play something I've invented. Kind of." Elena rolled her eyes. "It's called The Damon Game."

"Very Original." Kol mocked, shaking his head at the lack of imagination Damon seemed to have. Caroline giggled at his pun. "Something funny Love?"

Caroline caught eyes with him, "You said Original." She admitted.

"Oh my god." Bonnie pretended that Caroline was being an idiot but the blond knew that her friend was finding it just as hilarious as she was.

Damon glared at them all, angry that they'd interrupted. "Anyways," he projected, "The Damon Game is played in pairs of two -thank you Tyler Lockwood for removing yourself from the game- which will be chosen from drawing names." His smirk turned mischievous, "Ladies pick first."

Rebekah was the first one to choose, digging her hand into the jar of folded paper that Damon had prepared for them. "Bonnie." She announced in a slightly disappointed voice. Bonnie didn't seem too thrilled either.

Next up was Katherine, "Kol." She told them all, not overly enthused but definitely not upset. Kol winked at her playfully.

Bonnie was next but since her name had been chosen it was Caroline's turn. Her insides churned as she moved her fingers around the jar, praying that one certain name wouldn't be selected. Slowly she removed a piece of paper and unfolded it. Simultaneously her heart started to beat into her ears and her stomach dropped. "Klaus." She said without looking at him. Caroline didn't need to see his face she could already picture it.

The rest of the pairs were as so: Elijah/Stefan, Elena/Matt and Damon/Jeremy.

"That didn't work out in my favour." Damon muttered, directing his glare of hatred towards the young Gilbert boy. Jeremy seemed to be equal in his disgust for the situation.

Once the pairs were decided Damon began to explain the rules again, holding up a deck of cards as he did so. "Each card represents one action that you and your partner must do, I wrote all of them down in this booklet." From his pocket emerged a small black book most people used to hold the names of being they'd been previously sexually active with. "Refuse to do your task and you're out plain and simple. There are four cards that signal the end of the round, Kings, six of clubs or diamonds and Jokers. The couple of one round gets to choose who plays the next."

"What about the drinking mate?" Kol asked, grinning up at his new friend with hopefulness in his eyes.

Damon pointed to Kol knowingly, "Don't worry Buddy, I've got it covered." He clapped his hands, "let's start with Rebekah and Bonnie."

Both girls took their time getting to their feet, neither one exactly eager to have to interact with the other. Bonnie stood with her arms crossed, her back directly facing Kol. To Caroline surprise Kol wasn't staring at her ass, he was watching himself twiddle his thumbs.

Damon was the first one to pick a card from the deck, "You got a two of clubs. Elena be a dear and find what that means in the book." Elena did as she was told, flipping through a few pages before finally finding the one that she was looking for. Her eyes went wide as she read, handing it back to Damon. He laughed, "take each others clothes off with your teeth."