on your nose

"What took you so long" Scaramouche's voice sounded annoyed, but he looked more bored than anything.

"Sorry, I was asking about the free ice cream stuff," You smiled nervously and looked down at the table. "Its exclusive to one customer per day?"

His eyes widened in surprise but he calmed down immediately. "Mhm, i guess I got lucky and didn't need to pay for two..." He sounded confident but with how he spaced out, looking towards the table made him seem timid. The way he acts to people he doesn't need to impress though, was another story. "You weren't paid by Childe to be nice or whatever, right?" He looked up to stare directly into your eyes which made your stomach drop in fear but then flutter in... you know what.

"I met Tartaglia the day of the underwear incident," You tried to suppress a smile but a small smirk made its way to your face. "If he was paying me, it would be less than a dollar. You're fun to talk to." Saying that made you cringe inside but you didn't want him to think you were getting paid to be nice to him.

You could've sworn a smile was forming on his face but he turned away to look at Kazuha approaching with your ice cream. "Enjoy" he placed Scaramouche's ice cream in front of him but handed you your cone because it couldn't stand by itself. If you weren't infatuated with the male sitting across from you, you'd scream at how Kazuha's hand lingering for a second longer than necessary. Even if you did freak out, you'd shut yourself down, knowing that the ice cream was tall—it could drop without care.

You tap Kazuha's arm before he can walk away, "I'll pay you back."

"What? For what?" Scaramouche butt in, he was probably scared you knew something about him faking the entire thing.

"It's okay, you already did." Already did? You flashed him a confused look but you saw him mouth, 'Kunikuzushi'. You're aware that Kunikuzushi is Scaramouche's middle name, but not aware of what he's referring to.

"What are you guys whispering about? How do you know each other." It wasn't a question, he was demanding answers. You flashed him a smile then hit Kazuha with your elbow to get him to respond to Scaramouche's demands.

"Friend of a friend, don't worry." He waved it off then walked back to the counter. Your eyes lingered on him as he barely grazed the ice with the explanation of your relationship, then point your gaze back at Scaramouche.

"So," he raises a single eyebrow while directing his full attention to you. "Uhm..." he seems to have only planned out how to get your birthday in advance. His fingers were tapping aggressively which made you stare at them. He seems to have noticed your gaze because he immediately put his hands down next to him on his seat. The atmosphere was killing you, it was so embarrassing.

"I'd like to apologize." You twiddled your thumbs together, the quiet tap of your nails hitting each other soothed your nerves.

"For...?" He blinked at you, surprised you started the conversation.

"For..." you were going to say the reason, but when you looked back up to meet his interested expression, your face was probably exploding in color. You just now realized the red eyeliner around his eyes and couldn't function all the sudden because it looked really good on him. His bangs were usually covering that part of his eyes, but they were tucked behind his ears which gave you a clear view of his beautifully carved face. He noticed your daze, and squinted his eyes in stupefaction.

"Tell me already, for what? What are you apologizing for?" He crossed his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"I'm sorry" when you apologized, he gave you a deadpan face, which made you hold back another sorry. "Right, i meant that I was sorry about being creepy and stuff."

"Hm?" He acted confused but you could tell by the way his eyes shined in familiarity, that he remembered it all too well. Also it was only a week ago that he switched classes but whatever.

You chuckled at his facade of oblivion and shook your head. "You know what I'm talking about." You looked back up to continue "Well, when my friend told me you moved into her class," that was a lie. "I asked her why. She said that apparently you were creeped out by someone in your last classes."

He nodded. "So you think that you were the reason I switched?" He let a laugh slip but he cleared his throat. "I mean, you were the reason, but I never expected to enjoy your company like this." Oh.

"I'm flattered," You're more than flattered. "Am I that cool?" You could feel your ears burning up. "Well, I guess my staring problems are so bad that it made you leave." You laughed to hide your embarrassment.

"Mm, if I'm being honest, I'm not that upset." Hm? Didn't he say he liked your company? Why not.... "If I didn't switch, I don't think I would've ever known regret."

"What do you mean?" You asked intrigued, has he never made a mistake in his life or something? He shrugged as soon as you said that then got to eating his ice cream. Him eating made you notice the cold sensation dripping down your hand. Shit.

"Thanks Scara." You wave at him as you walk to the door but you pause. "-mouche..." you heard a laugh coming from behind the counter in which you can only assume was Kazuha. Scaramouche chuckles and waves back as you're opening the door. You're walking towards the intersection but hear someone screaming out your name from behind you.

"Ow..." you groan as the one who screamed your name tackled you to the ground.

"What a coincidence, I just got out of the school!" Heizou was laughing then decided to finally help you up after what felt like a minute of him staring down at you lazily not bothering to stand up yourself. "Come on lets play Roblox at my place" your mom isn't home anyways, she wouldn't care. Letting him pull you along while talking about normal mundane stuff felt nice, talking to Heizou was never ever awkward. He always filled in the silence with new conversation topics and somehow they were always interesting. Lucky you.

Your phone was ringing while you were in the middle of a race with Heizou. You were so close to the finish line, more importantly you were in the lead for the first time in a game with Heizou so you just decided to let it ring.

"Not going to answer?" You could tell Heizou was smirking just from his tone of voice. He was trying to win but so were you.

"Why don't you answer it for me?" Your tapping on the controller became louder so you couldn't hear him breathing because he was doing so, incredibly loudly. It was one of those things he, oddly enough, did to annoy you during races to sabotage you. But you weren't exactly focused, you were thinking about when you choked on your ice cream earlier and started coughing extremely loud. You were dying and Scaramouche's loud laughter wasn't helping. You started smiling when you thought of how he started choking as well because he was laughing at you. Good times.

   "Shit..." you heard Heizou curse which made you pay attention. You had won while you weren't even paying attention. "Today just wasn't my day, don't rub it in my face." Heizou sighed when you didn't answer and looked at you since he expected you to start bragging about your first win. "N/N?"

   "Huh?"

   "Is this about Scaramouche?" The way he was almost always right made you scared.

   "Do you think someone asking you to go with them to Culver's so they can find out your birthday is considered a date?"