Just another job (part 1)

There I was in a play place at my work with pie filling all over my face. Today was going to be my last as the extraordinary (C/n). The kids are gone, just me and my coworkers are left. I walk to the bathroom with my shoulders slumped. When I get into the washroom. I lock it and wipe my face. The filling was washing away with my heavy makeup. When I look into the mirror I cry. This is the fifth job I lost. I mean it's just my luck.

After I finish wallowing in self pity. I unlock the door and walk to the back. I would finally be able to take off this itchy costume. I mean sometimes I don't even know how I don't just itch my skin off wearing it. I get in the back and go to my locker. I grab my normal clothes and look up at the clock. I felt a chill rush down my spine. The Jack in the box moved again. I swear my coworkers love to fuck with me. I shake my head and try to move on and leave as quickly as possible.

I got to the changing room and locked it just in case. I mean what if there is someone else here or what if that box is actually haunted. I'm not taking a chance on that. I changed into my clothes and felt comfortable instantly. I leave and just in case I look up to see if the Jack box was still there. "OH MY FUCKING GOD what," I screamed. How the fuck did it move. My coworker James rushed in. "Dude (Y/n) what? Are you okay?" He quickly questioned. I breathe heavily "James did you move that damn box." He sighed "Yes god it's just a box. You overreact way too much for your own good (Y/n)."

Now I feel stupid this whole time it was just him moving it around. "Hehehe sorry but you never know..  sorry" I mumder embarrassed of my reaction. James sighed angrily and walked out. "Come on..." I breathed out. I dragged my feet all the way to my car. I get into my car and lean my head against my steering wheel. Now James is going to think I'm crazy and he will never like me back. I know a stupid crush on my coworker is cliché. I drive home and waste no time at all getting into my bed. I laid down and fell asleep instantly.

I woke up with my phone ringing in my ear. I look to see that it's my boss. I pick up and answer in a tired voice "hello?" "(Y/n) are you coming in to pick up stuff?" My boss said in her usual cold tone. "Pick up? Huh?" I answer. "Everyone gets to keep a thing from this place since I can't keep it all. (Y/n) you better hurry up before everyone takes the good stuff." She huffs. "Alright I'll come in but why do I have to?" I ask more weary. "I want it gone and you get 20 bucks for taking something. I think we both know you need that extra cash" she replies. I hang up and look around my empty room. She's right.. I do need cash. I get up and get in my car.

I get into the parking lot and look in my rearview mirror. "Oh lord.." I say. I look like a hot mess. I roll my eyes and get out. Whatever it's not professional or anything so who cares. I get in and walk to the main play area. There were empty boxes on chairs. I look at the last box and there is that damn Jack box. "Oh hell no I'm not gonna do that. It's not worth it." I say sternly to no one. I feel a hand on my shoulder and hear "how about 50 bucks?" I turn to see my boss. "How about ummm.. 85?" I try to bargain. She nods enthusiastically and hands me the cash. "Huh no fight just... what?" I ask and she just leaves.

I look at the box in defeat and pick the Jack in the box. "Okay I don't want any funny business. Do that and you'll be on the streets again. Got it?" I say with an attitude. I think about what I did and I cringed. I just talked to an object and tried to threaten it. I look at the Jack box and roll my eyes. I walk back to my car and threw it on the passenger seat. "Now I'm stuck with a creepy ass kid toy. How much would you be worth?" I say to myself.

I drive home and grab the box. I walk to my kitchen and put the box on the counter. I look through my fridge and I sigh. "Nothing good..." I'll just order a pizza. It will last me a night or two. I go on my phone and order a large pizza. I sit down on the couch and start to watch TikTok. I stop when I see a video with my work in the background. I listen to the creator ramble on about MY work. I feel so sick. The creator is talking about missing reports and kids coming back to their homes with scraps and scratches.

The kids talk about a tall black and white clown. I froze, wait... we don't have any clowns like that. Wait, did I really just fall for one of those fake stories that people talk about. I sigh "you're dumb as hell (Y/n)" and continue to scroll through my fyp. I hear the door bell and get up. I pay the guy and start eating it immediately. I finish my first slice and put it on my counter. "God I'm still tired" I yawn. I go to my couch too lazy to walk to my room. I still scroll on TikTok but after a bit my eyes shut. I feel comfortable and at ease.

I wake up no longer on my torn couch. I see the stars in the sky. "Huh where?" I say while getting up. I look around and see that I'm in a tall forest. I see light coming from behind the trees. I walked slowly through the trees. I rubbed my eyes and my mouth dropped in shock. "What in the clown heaven?" I screamed.