To Accept this Warmth

Start from the beginning

Leaders of the other kingdoms who couldn't be invited or were unable to come for some reason were invited to join through communication devices.

It was truly an event that showed the difference in society before and after the war.

Which meant…

"You cannot refuse to go."

Sigh.

Alberu Crossman flashed a fake smile to Cale through the communication orb. Cale's eyebrow twitched. He was aware that Alberu was enjoying this very much, considering how many times Cale had managed to weasel out of meetings, leaving Alberu with increased work.

"I could just make an excuse." Cale mumbled, looking away from the Emperor. Although the Emperor had promised to let Cale live a slacker life, the transmigrator had a lot of followers who looked up to him and the transmigrator knew that avoiding them all was not feasible. 

Sigh. 

He sighed again thinking about all the trouble he had to go through. Basen had been officially announced as the successor of the Henituse Duchy so Cale was safe from that side, but every time the nobles tried to mess with the Duchy, assuming that it would be easy as Cale was absent, the redhead always stepped up to put everyone in their place.

He knew that Basen was more than capable of doing it, but he didn't want to put too much burden on his younger brother and make him deal with problems that shouldn't exist. 

He might be trash, but even he wouldn't do that to his family.

"Cale."

Observing the miserable look on Cale's face, Alberu called out.

There was a reason why Alberu wanted Cale to attend the event.

"I plan on using this event as an opportunity for the Dark elves."

Cale studied Alberu's face.

When Alberu self declared himself Emperor of the newly formed Roan Empire, he also revealed that he was quarter dark elf.

A lot of nobles tried to protest his taking the throne but everyone had seen how Alberu had fought against White Star. In the end, although he had a lot of help from others, it was Alberu who had dealt the final blow to the Lion Dragon. And he had received the blessing of the Sun God which was considered as the enemy of the Dark elves.

Aside from all this, Alberu had the support of three of the five main noble families- the Gyerre Duchy in the South West, the Stan March in the North West, and, most important of all, the Henituse Duchy of the North East. In addition, Cale Henituse was the Emperor's sworn brother.

There was no way any opposition could survive against Alberu when these heavyweights made their support for the quarter dark elf known.

Now Alberu was able to attend some events in his dark elf appearance. He had taken things slowly and only shifted between his two appearances to get everyone used to it.

"I don't plan on hiding anymore. There won't be a better occasion than this." Alberu was nervous, that went without a doubt. He had questioned himself over and over again whether revealing himself was fine, but the support from his friends had helped a lot.

The queen and the third prince had tried to build a solid opposition by trying to claim that Alberu wasn't actually Zed Crossman's son, but then Zed himself had stepped up and acknowledged Alberu as his own son and revealed that he was aware of Alberu being a dark elf.

That had deeply shocked the Emperor. But as long as Alberu had the support of his found family, he hadn't cared much about anyone else.

He had lived happily with the dark elves and the friends he made in the course of their struggle against White Star. He didn't need much more now.