To Accept this Warmth

Hello guys. I had read a lot of fics where Cale sings but instead I wanted to write a fic with this one song but I didn't want Cake to be the one singing.

I love this song a lot and had imagined this fic a lot time back.

I am not sure how you guys would like it, but I wanted to give it a try.

Hope you enjoy (⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠)

The 784th year of the Felix Calendar was a year of growing prosperity and influence for the Roan Empire.

A year has passed since the war between White Star and the forces of the Sealed God were defeated by the joint forces of the heroes, led by Supreme Commander Cale Henituse.

Commander Cale Henituse had not only won every single battle that had broken out in the Western and Eastern Continents, he also defeated a God and managed to protect his world without a single casualty. 

Of course he was aided by his allies- Swordmaster Choi Han, Archmage and Liege of the Magic Tower Rosalyn, Wolf King Lock, multiple dragons and beast tribe people, Necromancer Mary, the current Emperor of Roan Alberu Crossman who was blessed by the Sun God in course of the final war, and multiple other people from various species.

Furthermore, once the war ended, instead of accepting the fame and positions that would allow him to influence virtually any place in the world, Commander Cale gave up his title and awards and chose to live a life of peace and quiet in his estate, the location of which was unknown. He and his allies also participated in the development of the regions which had been destroyed by enemy troops. Everyone was aware that Cale Henituse was the largest contributor to the Magic Tower as well as the free city formed between Roan Empire and Mogoru Kingdom.

Naturally, the masses thought very highly of Cale. History books had been updated to detail what Cale Henituse had done and how, story books, plays, poems, songs, and other forms of art relayed the deeds of the redhead commander and, even after a year had passed, the events of those two years wouldn't fade away from anyone's tongue as they sat around a table, sharing a drink and a story.

So when Cale Henituse's butler and Patriarch of the Molan family, Ron Molan, informs him about an event taking place in the free city, to which Cale had been invited as a chief guest, Cale gave a long suffering sigh.

"Why do I have to go?" The redhead moaned. He had thought that things had finally been resolved so he could laze around all day, eat and sleep how much he wanted and maybe do some farming and travel with the kids- Raon, On and Hong.

'I don't want to go anywhere! Especially to an event! They will say horrible things like Young Master Silver Shield or Savior of our World or Leader of the Heroes.' Cale cried internally. He had been assaulted by these nicknames every time people caught even a glimpse of him and it had made him sick each and every single time.

Alberu had tried his best to let Cale get away from attending a lot of the meetings and events that requested Cale's presence but there was a limit to stuff that Cale could genuinely avoid.

And this event was one of those things that Cale couldn't avoid.

"A school annual function…." Cale frowned upon seeing the invitation card. Among the various institutions set up in the free city after the war, one of them was a school where students belonging to different races could study together. The school was part of a research institute which was trying to compile the shared history of all races in an attempt to do away with discrimination and prejudice from society.

The event was going to celebrate the one year anniversary of the school and had invited quite a few notable people. Alberu and Cale aside, Choi Han, Rosalyn and Lock also received separate invitations. Mary, Tasha and Obante from the Dark elves, Pendrick from the side of the elves, the dragons, Duke Fredo, Shickler, Witira, Paseton and Archie, King Rex, Tower Master of the Alchemist Tower Rei Stecker, Pope of the Church of the Sun God Jack and his twin sister Hannah, were all part of the guest list.