Dave groaned, "Don't patronize me."

"I'm not patronizing you," Phil chuckled, "I'm only telling you what's going to end up happening."

"Are you sure you're emotionally ready for that though?" Phil asked more seriously.

"I don't need to be ready for something that won't happen," Dave replied flatly.

"Unusual for you to lie to me of all people," Phil grinned, "The way you're denying it makes it seem like you think you might already be invested in Dream more than you'd prefer."

"Do you and Clay both always have to overanalyze me constantly?" Dave complained.

Phil laughed, "Yeah, yeah—I'll leave you alone for now, Tommy and Wil are here," he gestured to the window where the two could be seen approaching the doors.

Tommy came out with a wide smile, followed by Wilbur.

"I'm ready for this one, Techno," Tommy said, wearing an expression of raw determination.

Wilbur laughed, "Techy, you have no idea how excited he's been for this."

"Hey, where's Dream?" Tommy asked.

"Filming," Phil quickly said, "You remember he's an actor, right?"

"Uh, well, yeah," Tommy turned a little pink in embarrassment, "I just forget about it sometimes since he's been in these events now that are normally just for duelists and people trained in the stuff."

"He's a stunt man, isn't he?" Wilbur asked, "I think that qualifies him. More than me, at least, I only get in by charisma."

"No more stupid Dream," Tommy said hurriedly, "I want my rematch!"

"Hope you're ready to have a rematch for this rematch then," Dave grinned as he stood up, his shadow overtaking Tommy.

"Bring it on, pig-man."

Dave had upgraded their training weapons from Rapiers to longswords, trusting Tommy enough now with weapons to give him something a little more dangerous. It was also somewhat harder to use due to the difference in weight and specifically weight distribution. Tommy seemed to catch on quickly though.

Their fight lasted far longer than either expected, the sun now setting as both of them still clashed their swords together, drenched in sweat and covered with small scratches. Neither of them were able to land what they set as a winning blow on the other, both Tommy and Dave on their highest defenses. After Tommy had managed to cut Dave's abdomen a while back he took the boy much more seriously. Tommy was relentless that day, refusing to concede yet unable to land a hit on Dave, but he still pushed himself harder and harder.

Wilbur called out words of encouragement to both of them, trying not to speak too much so they could keep their focus. While Wilbur cheered the two fighters on, Phil watched them with a careful eye. Dave and Tommy were both rather tired but still putting forth as much effort as they could.

Tommy grunted and growled with each strike, getting more and more frustrated by the minute. Every time Tommy thought he had Dave, the pig would always persevere—block, deflect, evade, counter, you name it, Dave did it.

"If you're gonna get pissed, then turn that anger into focus—you're gettin' loose and sloppy now," Dave barked as he blocked yet another one of Tommy's strikes.

Tommy grit his teeth, "Why aren't you angry? We've been doing this for hours, so why aren't you mad? You should be mad! Normally you would be! You're all alone, you're supposed to be bitter and angry all the time!"