Clay laughed, "Yeah, I guess so? He's really warm."

"Are you suuure you don't like Techno? 'Cause everything you're saying he is makes him sound pretty compatible with you~," Nick sang teasingly.

"Yes, I'm sure," Clay rolled his eyes, "If there's one big bonus I hadn't really thought about it's the food—God, all of it is so good. I know he's not an actual king but he fucking eats like one."

"Don't rub your new privilege in my face," Nick joked, "You think he'd let me come over, anyway?"

"I don't see why not, he basically said there's nothing that I can't have, so I don't think he'd tell me I couldn't invite you over."

Nick hid a smirk with his hand, "He's simping for you?"

Clay blushed, "N-No, he's not simping!" he spluttered.

"Hey," Clay sat up properly again, "has George said anything else to you since last time?"

"Ooh, yeah...." Nick paused, "Well, after a while George said he didn't mean what he said to you but he wasn't sure how to come to you about it and apologize. He kept backing out every time he said he was going to talk to you."

"...He still likes you," Nick added quietly.

Clay sighed, holding his face in his hands, "God, and we're still gonna have to film Manhunt together! All the camera crew and producers and everybody are gonna feel so awkward because of us both. What do I even say to him when I get there? 'Hey! Sorry I crushed your feelings and all hope of us getting together by fucking some random giant that I live with now, but it's all past us, right?' God!" Clay groaned.

"Let's go back to talking about the other stuff," Nick swiftly changed the subject, "You shouldn't be worrying about George so much, it's not good for you."

"Yeah, yeah, I know..." Clay mumbled back.

Clay's visit lasted slightly longer than intended, but not by a great deal. After telling Nick a little more about Dave and what it was like living in such a different space, they moved onto their usual stupid conversations that still left Clay chuckling as he arrived back at the manor. Clay stretched his arms over his head, glancing around and hearing nothing around him; where was Dave?

Much like earlier, the library didn't yield many results, but before Clay could waste time looking upstairs in Dave's office he noticed a servant hurrying toward one of the halls which led outside, carrying a big thermos with them.

"Hey, are you bringing that to Techno?"

"Y-Yes sir!"

"Where is he? I'll bring it to him," Clay said, reaching for the bottle.

"Outside at the East Wing's overhang—training."

'Again?' Clay thought, internally sighing, 'He's gonna kill himself.'

"Thanks!" Clay chimed and waved shortly before making his way outside and across to the right side of the house.

The eastern side of the manor had a large porch outside with columns running up to a short gabled roof, a pathway at the end of it circling back around the rest of the outdoor space. Clay could already see the outline of Dave ducking and running around the large space, swinging his sword wildly. Whoever he was fighting wasn't someone Clay knew; they were nearly as tall as Dave himself. Dave also wasn't using an elegant Rapier like with Tommy, he had his longsword. Clay picked up his pace and the scene came more into focus, revealing that what Dave was fighting wasn't even a person at all.

A fully black figure, fuzzy at its edges with seemingly no real sharp outlines, fading into its surroundings and looking like a hole punctured through reality. Dave was drenched in sweat like he'd been fighting the thing for forever.