Dishonored: The corroded man

Beginne am Anfang

"Then why not join me?" She asked, crossing her arms as she looked down at the man. "Corvo's been training you and me since we turned thirteen. Your just as skilled as me, jumping from rooftop to rooftop."

"Because someone needs to keep guard, make sure no one invades the room." He told her.

"Right, and a Royal protector candidate answering my door isn't suspicious at all?" Emily smirked as Jasper blushed. He was smart, she'd give him that, but she was smarter. She walked towards a tray of fruit and picked up an apple. "Well anyways, you check my mail like Corvo. So, any word from Wyman?"

Jasper cringed a little. Wyman, Emily's lover. A noble from Tyvia or Gristol, Jasper didn't remember. Don't get the wrong idea, Jasper was happy Emily found someone to love. She just..... Doesn't spend time with him anymore. Even if they are alone it's always 'Wyman this,' and 'Wyman that.'

"Yeah." Jasper chuckled, pulling a letter out from his coat. "Wyman should be here by tomorrow. Coming here to visit Emily kaldwin and pledge loyalty?" He teased.

"Quiet you!" Emily snatched the letter out of his hand before sitting on her bed, apple in her hand. Before she opened it a lightbulb came to life in her head. With a smirk, she looked at Jasper. "Speaking of lovers: how's Captain Mayhew?"

"She's doing great, I-" He stopped, cheeks turning red like the apple in Emily's hand. "Alexi is not my lover! Why would you even think that?!"

Emily laughed. "She spent tons of time with us as children. I seen how she looks at you in the corner of her eye. Who knows, if you do fail the trials, I'm sure Alexi would happily take you under her command."

"Well I guess your both going to be disappointed." Jasper said, leaning forward. "Because I won't fail. Not to George from Gristol, not to Tobias from Tyvia, not to Matthias from Morley, and not to Jeffery from Serkonos."

"Oh really?" Emily said, showing how much of a friend she was. "Are you sure you can handle the trials? Back then you'd only have Gristol and Tyvia to compete with. But since Corvo was made the first Royal protector of common blood and a foreigner the other isles were allowed to send their best men. Are you up for the challenge?"

He took his sword, twirled it, and stabbed the tip into the ground. "This has been my dream Emily. If I loose than it'll be a sunny day in the void." He stood up and slid his sword into the sheath on his waist before walking towards the door. "Good night Empress."

"Good night Jasper." Emily smiled as he turned the lights off and walked out the room.

------------

"How is she?"

Jasper jumped as he closed the door, reaching for his blade. The unknown assailant kicked Jasper's legs out from underneath him. Jasper landed on his back, he tried pushing himself up to see his attacker, the halls were dark. A cold blade pressed against his neck as more weight forced him down. He could draw his sword for his arm was stuck between him and the assailant. Moonlight shined through a window, giving Jasper an idea who it was.

"She's doing fine Corvo!" He gasped out as the blade pressed a little bit harder against his throat.

"Good." Corvo spoke, getting off of the younger man. Jasper gasped, holding his throat as he sat up. "You need to work on your hearing. You should've heard me breathing as soon as you opened the door."

"I try Corvo." Jasper stood up, rubbing his neck. Corvo lit a candle, illuminating the hall.

Old and experienced

Old and experienced. Two of many words that could describe Corvo. Though if anything could kill him, it's not his age. Corvo was still the best spy and hand to hand combatant in the Empire.

"Do or do not. There is no try." Corvo spoke his ever lasting wisdom to the boy. Jasper would have pointed out Corvo says the word 'try' when he speaks, but he feared the training Corvo would put him through. "You should be resting, it won't be long before the trials begin."

"I doubt it." Jasper said as they began to walk down the hall. "I doubt they began training since they were thirteen."

"Your right." Jasper smirked. "They began training since the age of five."
And like the ones who ordered Jessamine's death, Corvo had just assassinated Jasper's dream.

"Y-Yeah but you didn't train them!" Jasper tried to hold together his shattered confidence. They stopped by the library. A door stood between the shelves. Corvo opened it and turned to Jasper, a small smile in the corner of his lips.

"Sleep well Jasper. You have a couple days to prepare. Train, learn, win. I'd hate to see you loose."

"Why.... Thank you-"

"I'm betting a lot of money on you." Corvo chuckled. Jasper's face dropped. First Emily, now Corvo!

"Oh I'm going to win!" Jasper claimed. "Seven years of waking up before dawn, fighting with swords and guns, crossbows, and being forced to sleep in a dark, cold room filled with rats! To the void with losing!"

"Then as I said before: Sleep and rest." Corvo said as he began walking away, the candle's light slowly going out of sight. Jasper clenched his fist as he shut the door.

"I won't loose." He said, not bothering to undress as he laid down on his bed. "I won't, I can't loose." Was all he said before closing his eyes.

End.

Hi guys! Sorry for unpublishing a couple chapters. Someone requested I do the corroded man. So I decided to do it.

I actually need your help on something.

In the book Wyman does appear, but no terms are even used to signal Wyman's gender. Not even They/them is used. I believe it was a typo but near the end it said Wyman was a HE.  So I need you readers to decide, please instead of just leaving.

Should Wyman be:

Male

Female

Or Gender neutral (this will be harder to do but I can try.)