twenty-two

no one's POV

"evening officer" pope said trying to keep his chill

"i have an arrest warrant for the felony destruction of property." the cop said "what" heyward seemed to be confused on what he was talking about "hands where i can see em" shoupe said approaching the boy "young lady out my way" shoupe said to kie.

lexi started getting really worried for pope. she knew he was done so much hard work for a good college. all of that time and effort waisted. "what the hell shoupe you can't do this to him" lexi started getting upset she wanted nothing more than to take the blame. she knew she would get sent to DCS once she got out. she looked at jj telling him to do something. he understood what she was trying to say.

"shoupe what he do?" heyward asked the cop trying his best to keep his cool and not lash out at him for arresting his boy.

"look at the warrant"

"i'm sorry, your arresting him" kie asked. she had no idea what lexi jj and pope had done.

"your jus gon arrest my boy?" heyward continued

"whats the proof" "be careful" "shoupe are you listening" "what the fuck man. he didn't do shit" everyone in the room started shouting all at once. everyone was so worried for the boy.

"anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. you have the right to an attorney" shoupe started while handcuffing the currently freaking out boy

"how much they pay you man" the shouting still continued

all the sudden it was like everything went silent in popes ear. he was deaf. nothing but his on thoughts. this was the moment he feared. getting arrested and losing his chances at a scholarship. it was all over. everything down the drain. for what? the rivalry between kooks and pogues?

"it wasn't him!" jj yelled breaking through pope thoughts

the blond boy looked at lexi. he scanned her face. she knew what was to come. she knew pope had so much to lose. but jj. he doesn't have much. she looked the boy in the eyes as to say thank you.

"it was me" he continued "he tried to talk me out of it, but i was mad cause he'd just been beaten up. i was so sick of the assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit. he tried to talk me out of it" he pointed to pope while walking close to the deputy "but i was mad because he'd just been beaten up. i was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit."

lexi walked over to kie and gave her a side hug to let the girl know it was okay.

"i cant let you take the blame for something i did. you've got to much to lose" jj looked pope in the eye.

lexi almost believed jjs lie. it was like if she hadn't known the truth she would have believed him. this was the one time jj knew he couldn't fuck up. one false move it was over not for just him but pope as well. jj really cared for pope.

"jj what are you doing" pope finally broke his silence "i'm tellin the truth"
the boy replied

"for once in my god damn life i'm ganna tell the truth" he continued "i took his old man's boat too"

"what the hell" heyward blurted

"jj come on" pope seemed to not like the idea of jj taking the blame.

"just shut up pope! just shut up." jj pleaded hoping he wouldn't fuck this up. it was to late to turn back. "he's a good kid" jj started talking to shoupe again. "you know where i'm from"

"yea" shoupe agreed with jj.

"this was all me" jj looked at pope. the boy looked at jj like he didn't want him to do this. he knew that if they found out he was lying they would both go down.

"that's the whole truth?" the cop asked

"whole truth swear to god." jj spoke

"i know what you think his damn it! i'm asking pope" shoupe started getting upset.

pope swallowed nervous knowing he would have to say a lie. pope was never good at that. "yeah that about covers it" jj tried his best a to hold his smirk in. he had successfully saved his friends ass. true pogue right there.

jj looked over to the two girls. kie couldn't seem to make eye contact with him. lexi could however. she gave him a good job look. the girl walked over to him to give him a hug. although he couldn't hug back considering he was in the process of being handcuffed he did lay his head on the top of her head.

"be carful in there. try not to mess up that ugly face of yours don't want it to end up looking worse." lexi joked.

shoupe threw jj into the back of his truck and drove off. pope kie lexi and heyward all watched as the truck drove off with the blond haired boy.

"shit!" pope threw his hat on the ground and stormed off

"pope" heyward called for the boy

"it's all okay kie don't worry" lexi told the girl