"Good."

We lounged in the sun and swam for a couple more hours before going back up to the house. I felt warm and content as we went inside. I quickly ran upstairs and slipped out of my bathing suit and turned on the shower. The water rushed over my body as I washed my hair, taking my time. After the shower, I made my way back downstairs and was greeted by Marsh. Laurie was still upstairs, I was assuming.

"Ms. Emerson," he said, handing me a white box. I looked at him with confusion and he smiled and turned back to leave the house. I placed the box on the island in the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I carefully opened it and gasped at what was inside. It was a brand new gold phone. I lifted the smaller white box out and carefully removed the plastic. I took the very large phone out and switched it on. The phone lit up as I touched in all my information. I heard Laurie walk up behind me and look over my shoulder.

"Dang! I couldn't possibly imagine who got that for you! See what I said about rich and famous."

"Yea, I'll program it when we leave," I said to her, ignoring her last statement.

"I mean, we could go into town but that's up to you."

"No, its fine. I'm sure Marsh told Harry he gave it to me already. Harry knows there's no service here too."

"He's like big brother. He sees everything," she said, wiggling her fingers and making her eyes go wide like she was an alien or something.

I put the phone back in the box for safe keeping and turned my attention to my growling stomach. "Let's order pizza."

"Yea!"

After ordering pizza and putting ourselves in a small food coma, we found a movie and between the sun and swimming, I felt myself drifting to sleep. I looked over at Laurie and she was already asleep too. My eyes got heavy as the world pulled away.

Chapter 84

My eyes fluttered open and the world was dark. I realized I was still in the living room. I got up and wandered into the kitchen for a glass of water. After taking a sip, I saw a light flicker on outside. I watched as Marsh walked outside and brought the phone to his ear. He started pacing as he spoke to whoever was on the other end. I saw him start to speak with his hands in anger. It was odd seeing him in this state of irritation but I paid no mind as I went upstairs to lay back down. As I was settling down, I heard a car engine turn over and looked out the window. I saw the back lights of the black SUV disappear. Fast.

I didn't know if I was supposed to be concerned as I settled back down to sleep. Sleep took over as I was still wondering if I was supposed to be worried. I spent the next few hours tossing and turning until I heard a car engine cut off. I rushed over to the window and saw Marsh get out quickly to open the passenger side door. I saw another figure in the dark get out. It was tall, lanky, and there was a familiar hat on top of his head. I felt like the air was knocked out my chest. Could it be?

I grabbed my sweatshirt and ran down the stairs, pulled back the front door, and ran towards the two figures in the dark.