"You the one suggested we come here, we could've ordered all this on Amazon."

"What should her room theme be?"

He shrugged, "Dinosaurs?"

I looked at him with a mug on my face, "Nigga it's a girl."

"She might be a tomboy though."

"Chile.." I waved him off. "How bout princesses?"

"Paw patrol?"

"Milo at this point just shut up." I told him while walking over to the isle with strollers.

"What you getting a stroller for? Yo lazy ass ain't walking her nowhere."

"You ain't lying." I laughed leaving out of that isle.

"This would've been much easier if you had a baby shower... That way you only gotta buy what the people don't bring."

"I told you I don't want anybody to know."

"Don't tell nobody but yo family then, it could just be a family event."

"I don't even like them enough for that."

"You don't got cousins you talk to?"

"No, I don't talk to any of them but Harmony— they all get on my nerves and act weird towards me."

"Just invite them this one time, you don't gotta deal with them after this."

"You gone invite yo fake cousins that you don't talk to?" I looked at him and he didn't say nothing, "Exactly."

"Matter fact" he paused, "I'll do it if you do it."

"Fine." I gave in, "But the moment any of them hoes start messing with me, everyone gone have to get the fuck out."

"Bet.."

——

"Look, this so cute." Harmony showed me this butterfly baby shower theme, "You should do this."

"That's so typical." I paused, "I want this to be different. I think a winter wonderland theme would be cute."

"That's different?"

"To me, yes." I said while scrolling on Pinterest. We decided to do the baby shower a month from now and I had to find some ideas to give to the party planner.

"Did you decide who you were going to invite?"

"Everybody."

"Everybody? As in all the weirdos that we share blood with? You forreal?" She side eyed me.

"Yes, Milo doing it so I am too. Hopefully they can just act normal for this one time."

"Them hoes don't know anything about being normal." She shook her head.

While scrolling through Pinterest a text popped up on the screen and I instantly got irritated while clicking on it.