I Will Not Die As A Number

There are many tales to be spun from all across Terra, the planet plagued by death.

Stories from those who reject their fates, and rewrite their endings into something else.

This tale is of a city named Seisho. A city with top of the line medical treatment, and is known far and wide for its outstanding operators. Rivaled only by Siegfeld.

It may seem peaceful, almost. But each day becomes more and more dangerous than the last.

———————————————————————

"Maya, to your right!" Claudine called out, bringing her sword down on another caster.

The caster fell back, yet he still stood tall, even though he took a direct blow from her. As he was about fire off another wave of his Arts, a sword entered his throat.

As he dropped, it revealed the Vulpo standing behind him.

"It seems like it's you who needs my help, Ma Claudine." Maya said, smiling smugly.

"Mechante va! I don't need help from anyone!" Claudine hissed, lashing her tail angrily.

"Regardless, this section has been completely cleared out. Contact the main network and ask if any of the other sectors need assistance." Maya instructed, sheathing her rapier by her side.

Claudine did the same, albeit a bit more aggressively. She pulled out the communicator that Nana had provided her with.

"This is Group 2 reporting in. Our sector is cleared. How is everyone else doing?" She spoke into it.

It took a moment before another voice was heard.

"Thank you, Kuro-chan! Me and Junna-chan are almost done here as well. I suggest heading towards Futuba-chan's sector in case Kaoruko-chan is being lazy again!" Nana's voice spoke through the box loud and clear.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I'm a very important asset to this team! My poor hands are starting to ache from holding this staff." Kaoruko's voice shouted.

There was a scuffle on the other end and then another voice came through.

"Sorry about that. I should've known better than to give her the communicator. Anyways, our sections is all clear as well." Futaba said.

The blonde chuckled softly at her friend. She rolled her eyes when she felt Maya step closer to her.

Claudine wrapped her tail around Maya's wrist to satiate her.

Such a jealous fox.

"Our section is almost- Ah, Karen-chan don't run off like-" Mahiru's voice cut off.

Claudine glanced over at Maya, and they came to a silent agreement.

"Heading over to Mahiru's sector now. Everyone who's done, try to do the same." She said, into the communicator.

"Gotcha."

"Okay~"

"Alright, let's go, Tendou Maya. I have a feeling that Karen is causing trouble for Mahiru again." The feline mumbled, removing her tail from Maya's wrist.

"Indeed. Now, do try to keep up." Without warning Maya broke into a full sprint towards Mahiru's signal.

"A-attente! Grr you're such an annoying vixen!" Claudine shouted, running after the girl.

-

"I'm sorry Hikari-chan! I'm so so sorry I just got really excited!" Karen said, hugging the injured girl.